Instrument Manager Adding Old Expiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Manager Adding Old Expiry

First, I deleted my ES contract. I was trying to remove it frm the Instrument list. How do you delete an item form an instrument list?
    Second, How do I get back ES from my availabel master instruments?
    Thrid, How do I add an old expiry? I run an external program to push data, but I need to add an old expiry to accept the incoming data feed.

TradingDreamer,

Thank you for your post.

To remove an instrument from an instrument list, you would first highlight it under the instrument list and select the ">" button to remove.

To reset your instruments please: disconnect from your data provider, go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'. Then restart NinjaTrader and this should restore the ES and any preconfigured instruments.

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.
    • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    • Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    • Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

Click here for a video and further instructions
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Add Old expiry

I want to add an expiry from 2008. How do I add this expiry date.

Comment

TradingDreamer,

The contract dates only go so far back and are based on your local PC clock. To get past dates, you must set your PC clock back to that year and restart NinjaTrader.

After you have set your clock back, you can add this instrument to your default instrument list.

Once added, shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to the current date/time settings.

You should then be able to access this old expiry from your default instrument list.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for all the help. Your last suggestion is the only one I have not tried.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            TradingDreamer,

The contract dates only go so far back and are based on your local PC clock. To get past dates, you must set your PC clock back to that year and restart NinjaTrader.

After you have set your clock back, you can add this instrument to your default instrument list.

Once added, shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to the current date/time settings.

You should then be able to access this old expiry from your default instrument list.
            This trick is still working. Thanks.I've just tried it with my NT 7.xx.26 version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888