X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive brokers

Hello

Two questions:

1. After TWS upgrade for some reason I can not connect to Interactive brokers TWS with the latest NT7. When I try to connect the TWS starts, I enter login information and then it shuts down, this repeats three times and then the message comes up that connection can not be established, please suggest.

2. Where would I enter commissions that will be deducted during back-testing. I tried to do this under my data provider IB or Kinetick (I have both) but during back-testing commissions are still zero.

Best regards
    Sergey.

Hello Sergey,

Thank you for your post.

1. What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

TWS 918 has an identified issue which does not allow NinjaTrader to connect.
    With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

2. In order to generate commissions during a Backtest you will need to configure commissions for the Simulator within the commissions window.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TWS 918 connection

When do you intend to fix this issue? I would prefer to use latest TWS

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello Sergey,

Thank you for your post.

1. What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

TWS 918 has an identified issue which does not allow NinjaTrader to connect.
      With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

2. In order to generate commissions during a Backtest you will need to configure commissions for the Simulator within the commissions window.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

TWS versions are constantly changing and we only support versions we are able to fully test and unfortuantely I do not have a specific date of when TWS 918 will be supported.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
        3 responses
        1 like
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes