Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Issue

Hi

I seem to be getting a performance issue on a daily basis here.

The PC is an i7, 8gb Ram, running win 7 64 pro. Data feed is Kinetick. Ninja is the latest release.

The issue is that price, time & sales seem to be fine but depth is lagging. If I open up Ninja and TWS side by side, you can see the issue:

As you can see price was at 1159.75/1160.00 but the depth on Ninja was delayed by minutes.

Right now, I'm not even sure where to start looking for the issue. My CPU Utilization is at going no higher than 12% and none of the cores are showing high usage on resource monitor. Memory and disk utilization are fine, which obviously points to bandwidth but then TWS is managing fine.

If I look at network utilization I can see I have about 200-300kbps coming down the pipe but speedtest.net tells me I have plenty more than that.

Any thoughts on how I get to the bottom of this?

Thanks

Pete
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About as well as the TWS build you have installed.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris

I am using the latest version 7.0.1000.7

As for the version of TWS - that's irrelevant. This issue occurs regardless of whether I connect to TWS or not.

This occurs when I connect to Kinetick via Ninja with no other connections.

Cheers

Pete

Comment

If this occurs when only connected to Kinetick as a test Please use the steps I have provided below to move your current Workspaces:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Documents
        • NinjaTrader 7
        • Workspaces
        • Select all files and move to another location on your PC such as your Desktop
        • Restart NinjaTrader

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Chris

Is there a reason for asking me to do this? By that I mean is this a problem you have seen before that has been resolved by the set of actions you outlined?

This problem occurs only when the markets are at full speed which is after 9:30am.

If I move all my workspaces, Ninja won't be displaying anything, not even a DOM. So - I presume you want me to move all my workspaces but then create a new workspace with a DOM on it. Is that correct?

If so- I get that - but what is going to happen then is that for that period I will be unable to trade. This is not really acceptable to me.

Have you had a case where this issue occurred and removal of workspaces cured it?

Like I said, I want to find the root cause of the problem - I was hoping that Ninja/Kinetick could tell me if there were delays you could recognize from that end or if the trace files showed something.

With Tradestation, they were able to look from their end to see if the data was backing up - do you guys not have this facility?

Please give me a little more info. I don't want to lose trading time, nor do I want to spend time re-building workspaces as it takes hours.

Thanks

Pete
          If you are just guessing here, I am not prepared to follow your instructions because doing so will mean I

Comment

No there has not been any issues of data being delayed like you have shown within your screen shot therefore I believe this may be due to a corrupt Workspace or database.

As a test to check for a corruption by removing all Workspace files NinjaTrader will then create a new Workspace upon restart. Then within the new Workspace please open a few windows that are usually used during your trading such as charts, SuperDOMs, etc. to see if the behavior persists.

If you continue to see this behavior within the newly created Workspace we can move the old files back at that time.

Also if the issue does persists please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.
            In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 08-25-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes