X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock data from HKEX

Hi,
    I am using the free Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.7,
    Is there any way I can download free End of Day data from Kinetick from stocks on Hong Kong Stock Exchange?
    Stock like 0005 on HKEX as below:

How can I get the free End of Day data?
    Thanks.
    Stephen

Welcome to our forums Stephen, the Kinetick Free End of Day connection is preinstalled with your NT, just go File > Connect > Kinetick End Of Day (Free) to start it.

The HKEX exchanges are unfortunately not available though.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Then what is available and what is not?

is the following ADR stock available ?
      PTR - PetroChina Co. Ltd. ADS (NYSE)

is all stocks from NYSE available ?
      how do I know ?

Comment

Yes, the NYSE is included (end of day data, so daily bars or higher) - you can go to this link here -

It would show which exchanges are available for data.

Comment

Asian Equity Data

Hi Guys,

I have access to all Asian Equity markets from eSignal. I need to get it into NinjaTrader.

I can pull in data from eSignal QLink into Excel using the eSignal symbols, but I can't seem to import those stock symbols into NinjaTrader.

Taking the Hong Kong Exchange and Hong Kong Dollars as currency, both of which are built into NinjaTrader I attempted to import the HangSeng Index components

The error message is:

The following symbol(s) are either invalid or your import file is not formatted correctly. Please correct the problem and retry.

0001-HKG,0002-HKG,0003-HKG,0004-HKG,0005-HKG,0006-HKG,0011-HKG,0012-HKG,0013-HKG,0016-HKG,0017-HKG,0019-HKG,0023-HKG,0066-HKG,0083-HKG,0101-HKG,0144-HKG,0151-HKG,0267-HKG,0291-HKG,0293-HKG,0322-HKG,0330-HKG,0386-HKG,0388-HKG,0494-HKG,0688-HKG,0700-HKG,0762-HKG,0836-HKG,0857-HKG,0883-HKG,0939-HKG,0941-HKG,1044-HKG,1088-HKG,1109-HKG,1199-HKG,1299-HKG,1398-HKG,1880-HKG,1898-HKG,1928-HKG,2318-HKG,2388-HKG,2600-HKG,2628-HKG,3328-HKG,3988-HKG

These are the actual symbols, but NinjaTrader doesn't want to import them.

Please help.

Comment

Hi Aspirant, those are unfortunately not valid master instruments in NT - those could only hold letters, digits and underscores. So changing to 0001_HKG should work.

Comment

Asian Equities

So I dropped the -HKG and the HKEx symbols imported.

Obviously, NinjaTrader sets the Exchange Symbol in the import function, but there is no option to import or add a new Exchange or currency.

Is there any "undocumented" function I could work with? I need to get this other data in one way or another.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, but I don't think that's gunna fly. I can't just decide to use my own symbols and expect eSignal to parse it.

Comment

True, that's just for the master instrument name - the mapping would then need to be set for each instrument in Tools > Instrument Manager > bring up the master instrument > doubleclick on it to edit > go to Misc tab and enter it into the eSignal provider entry. This would be the parsing / translation then to eSignals own maps.

Comment

OMFG... Are you serious?

So the choice of the exchange is irrelevant.

I need to attach the Exchange modifier manually. That's ridiculous.

Just because your import Stock Symbol List has this stupid limitation of not liking hyphens I have to manually add thousands of symbols through this convoluted menu?

There has to be a better way... Come on...

Comment

Adding Symbols to an Exchange.

Riddle me this...

If I chose a symbol that already exists in NinjaTrader when I go to Edit it the symbol for eSignal is incomplete. That is, it does not have the Exchange suffix prefixed by a hyphen after the Symbol.

So... why do I need to do this for new symbols that I add if I correctly chose the exchange. Is it because NinjaTrader doesn't actually have the Exchange suffix for the Exchanges it has listed if there aren't any symbols for it already in the database?

It has to be easier for me to input the exchange modifier (wherever I do that) so that the symbols actually work.

So, how do I do that?

Comment

Hi Aspirant, first of all please keep your lanuage polite and professional when working on our forums.

1. The symbol map for eSignal could needed a so called custom exchange setup, where you would set it with a | after the eSignal symbol name.

2. If you do such a custom map, you're correct - which exchange you tick in NT is not relevant, it's overridden.

3. There's unfortunately no way to mass edit instruments (that's on our feedback list for future consideration and I've added your vote in here) - one (unsupported) easier way would be working with a modified Instruments.txt file (stored in Program File > NinjaTrader 7 > DB) where you could define all your symbols and then load / add them via the Tools > Options > Data > Reset Instruments command. However this is not an official feature and it could create unexpected outcomes in your symbol database, so please use with care and a backup file previously saved for easy restore.

Comment

More Features

Hi Bertrand,
                          Thanks for your help. Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated because it seems everything I want to do is either undocumented or unsupported.

Other features that would be handy would be the ability to add Exchanges with their Symbol modifiers. It would also be handy to add Currencies as you currently list the SGX for example, but do not offer Singapore dollars as a currency.

It would also be nice to have more documentation on features like, unmanaged orders, replay mode, account resynch and the use of external dlls.

It would also be handy if a Stop-Order in sim actually acted like a Stop-Order (i.e. as documented) so I didn't have to code everything as a market order. It would also be handy if I could place a resting Stop-Order so that the simulator doesn't go "Oh yeah, you we're triggered in that last bar... we should probably look to enter now..."

Anyway, back to it. Thanks for your help and have a great weekend.
                          Cheers,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Delerium  
                          Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes