Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy/Sell Chronology

Hello.

Why are we unable to place an exit order before we place our entry order?

tHANKS

nepenthean, the predefined ATM's are launched on the entry fill seen - if you'd like to place an exit before the entry you can do so manually - place for example a sell limit above the market and then enter a long position - the sell limit will exit this position then once touched / filled.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      nepenthean, the predefined ATM's are launched on the entry fill seen - if you'd like to place an exit before the entry you can do so manually - place for example a sell limit above the market and then enter a long position - the sell limit will exit this position then once touched / filled.

When I do this NT sees the sell limit as an entry, for when I attempt to place a buy order an error message appears indicating I cannot place an exit order before an entry order has been filled.

Comment

nepenthean,

If you're submitting an order with an ATM Strategy, you need to make sure you are reselecting the tempalte. This error will occur if you try to place another order with the same Active ATM Strategy.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
        • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
        • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
        • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
        • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
        • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
        • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          nepenthean,

If you're submitting an order with an ATM Strategy, you need to make sure you are reselecting the tempalte. This error will occur if you try to place another order with the same Active ATM Strategy.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
          • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
          • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
          • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
          • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
          • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
          • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
          THanks for the reply, but that type of situation is not what I meant. What I want to do is place my exit order a few ticks above a resistance level and then buy below that level.

Comment

You would need to do so then without the ATM - the ATM exit brackets are placed only after your entry is filled, you can certainly adjust them later to fit any support / resistance level seen in the market.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post JonesJoker  
            Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes