Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to subscribe to market data

Hi,

I'm using TS8 (with eSignal datafeed) as my charting and strategy platform, using NT to convey trade orders to IB TWS.

When I issue the following order : temp=NTBuyLimit("", 1, 33.5) I get the attached error message.

Do I need to subscribe realtime data from IB TWS or is there a way to alleviate this issue?

Thank you

CTAtrader
    Attached Files

CTAtrader

If you're receiving the data from eSignal and only routing the orders from NinjaTrader to TWS, you should not need to subscribe to data from TWS/IB.

Some instruments will need extra configuration to work correctly from IB/TWS. You will first need to look up the exchange that is being reported from TWS and manually input this information into NinjaTrader.

Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Panel--> Tools--> Instrument Manager--> Locate the Instruments you are experiencing this issue and select "Edit".

This will bring up the Instrument Editor.

From the Instrument Editor, please select the Exchange that is being reported from TWS as well as the 'Default' exchange.

For example, if TWS is reporting from NYSE, you would want to select both 'NYSE' and 'Default'.

If you have multiple symbols that need to be configured, you can also import a list of stocks and assign an exchange to the entire list, rather than reconfiguring each instrument one a time.

Please see our Help Guide article on Importing a List of Stocks for more information:

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, Matthew.

I have done what you suggested. The order was sent to NT, but no to IB/TWS. I also get the message attached.

There seems to be two issues. 1. there's no market data available. But from what you'd said, I don't need the IB feed. Unless this is just a warning message.
      2. the order is not routed to IB.

CTAtrader
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CTAtrader; 08-30-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Hello,

To clarify, you are using eSignal data outside of NT? That is, Interactive Brokers is the only provider you are using inside NT?

If that is the case, I may have misspoke when I said you wouldn't need a real-time subscription. If there is no data for this instrument in NT, it would not be able to route the order to TWS. Do you have any symbols in TWS that you do have real-time data for or is it delayed only?

Comment

I"m using esignal to feed to Tradestation, and from TS send order to NT to IB.

IB is the only broker my NT connects to.

Comment

CTAtrader,

Thanks for the clarification. In this case, you will need to subscribe to data from IB/TWS in order to route these orders from NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes