Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem: charts disappear on connection

Hi,

Using 64 bit NinjaTrader v7.0.1000.7. When I connect to Kinetick realtime or end of day my charts go blank. If I disconnect the candles reappear. Bit annoying.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Hello wavel,

Could it be NinjaTrader is loading data for the charts you have opened and did not finish yet? Please check the lower right corner of the Control Center to see if data is loading. If so, please wait until it is finished and subsequently check if the charts reflect data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's not waiting for data to download. The control centre went through the usual loading routine and finished as normal but charts remain candle free. I have been connected for last hour or so.

Comment

Can you please try a restart of NinjaTrader and check if this will make a difference.

If not, please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace. Subsequently, create new charts and check if the requested data is displayed while connected.

If this will not work either, please tell me what instruments (+ expiry months) and period types are selected in your charts.

Comment

No difference. I am attempting to display US stocks in weekly, daily, 60 min, 15min and 5 min charts. For example I have a 60 min chart of YHOO, end date is today, days to load = 15, session template = use instrument settings. Also everything was working fine 2 days ago and I haven't consciously changed anything since.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today. You can find these files at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110901 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110901 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please include your Kinetick login credentials as well so I can test your connection on my end.

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding possible conflicts with my anti virus software. I do experience regular workspace crashes and will modify the scan settings accordingly. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred