Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT starts but wont open

This has happened to me twice....

I start NT 32, the splash screen comes up, i hear the startup sound and then once the splash screen goes away nothing! There is an entry in the Task Manager for NinjaTrader.exe *32 so as you can see it is running but not visible anywhere. Last time this happened with NT 64 and I had to find any reference to NT on my PC and remove it before a fresh install would work, reinstalling alone didnt work. I am running windows 7 64.

Hello brad12s,

Am I correct you enabled 'Connect on startup' as per your data feed connection? If so, please send me your Config.xml file. You can find this file at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7. I will disable the 'Connect on startup' setting and send it back. Please replace your Config.xml file and check if NinjaTrader starts successful. You can connect manually via Control Center-->File-->Connect.

If you do not have 'Connect on startup' enabled, please send me your log and trace files for today. You can find these files at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110901 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110901 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send me the files at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, I was able to find the ConnectOnStartup element that was set to true and change it. All seems to be working again.

Comment

nt7 does not start when ConnectOnStartup=true

setting ConnectOnStartup=false works for me!
        thx for this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        1 response
        0 likes