Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I messed up indicators--Need reinstall NT7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I messed up indicators--Need reinstall NT7?

Hi, I did something dumb and need help. I was trying to install a custom indicator over an old one with the same name, and NT wouldn't do it. So I went into MyDocuments/NT7/bin/custom and deleted the indicator. Now a bunch of my indicators won't compile, and only about 10 of the standard indicators that come with NT are even showing up in the indicator screen. Various other problems with charts too.

What should I do to reestablish all the indicators that are normally there and start from scratch installing my custom indicators? If I need to reinstall NT7 please give me the detailed instructions to uninstall & reinstall as I remember it is complicated.

Thx.

Hello LG,

You can perform the following workaround. Subsequently, you can import all 3rd party or custom indicators/strategies after these instructions.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked.

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista and later).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7 from the link below.

Restore your backup file to restore all saved settings and data.

You should now have all default indicators available again and be able to import your custom indicators.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Perr0Grande  
    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes