Nt/ib data error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt/ib data error

I have finally got my IB connection setup and now I have the following issue. I'm getting an TWS window pop up that says:

"The maximum number of tickers has been exceeded. there are some tickers for which market data will not be displayed."

At the same time, NT pops up hundreds of message windows that says:

"Error on loading chart data for '*ticker* Default': IB: Ninja Trader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message: Historical data request pacing violation"

I've included pics of these windows.

NT pulls up a message for literally every single stock in the S&P500 if not more. It takes about 20 minutes for it to resolve itself and the machine is essentially frozen during that time while it processes each and every one.

Does anyone know what is happening and how i can stop it?

I have only one chart open. i have included pictures of the data series window, the TWS error window and one of the many NT message windows.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Interactive Brokers imposes a limit in the ammount of data you can request at a time. When this limit is breached, you receive that error message.

The only way around this would be to request less data or request data less often when connected to IB.

For more information about this, you will need to follow up with Interactive Brokers.

The other option is to connect to another data provider within NinjaTrader first for data then IB second for trading.

If you are looking for a data provider only for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

I have also provided a link below that goes over all supported providers, the assests that they support and the data they offer.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I appreciate the response. The option to get around the problem by using a different data provider is certainly worth exploring.

Still, I have no windows open except two charts of the same instrument. It seems inconceivable that NT is requesting too much data. I don't even have a market analyzer window open. So the issue may be with IB then? I'd like to avoid having to pay for a separate data provider when IB is supposed to provide it.

As an aside, IB's data so far in my opinion is definitely sub par. Perhaps I should consider your solution if only to get better quality data without all this fuss.

Comment

Be sure to check other Workspaces you may have open and running in the background as well. You can see all open Workspaces by going to File-->Workspaces and all open workspaces will be listed at the bottom.

If you have a Live NinjaTrader license key and a Live funded trading account at IB you may have your CME Exchange fees waived with Kinetick as well. For more information about their waiver program pleasve visit the link I have provided below.

www.kinetick.com/CME

Also with Kinetick you'll receive at least:
        • 120 days of historical Tick data
        • Two years of Minute data
        • Ten years of Daily data
        • Much more data is available for popular instruments
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Be sure to check other Workspaces you may have open and running in the background as well. You can see all open Workspaces by going to File-->Workspaces and all open workspaces will be listed at the bottom.

If you have a Live NinjaTrader license key and a Live funded trading account at IB you may have your CME Exchange fees waived with Kinetick as well. For more information about their waiver program pleasve visit the link I have provided below.

www.kinetick.com/CME

Also with Kinetick you'll receive at least:
          • 120 days of historical Tick data
          • Two years of Minute data
          • Ten years of Daily data
          • Much more data is available for popular instruments

I think that resolved the problem! I deleted those other workspaces I had and the problem went away!!

thanks!!!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes