Updating Instrument Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Instrument Lists

Is there a more efficient way of updating an instrument list (i.e. NASDAQ 100 or S&P500) after it is rebalanced, than what I'm currently doing which is manually comparing socks in my instrument list to a printed list?

Apologies if the question is not in the right forum area, wasn't sure where to put an instrument list question, thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this will need to be done manually at this time within NinjaTrader. I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply Christopher. Just a thought, I haven't tried it (I'm ok just comparing symbols) but on something like S&P 500 where it's time consuming and error prone, seems to me what might work is to cut and paste a new symbol list in the 'import stock symbol list' utility and import to either a newly named list in the instrument manager or first deleting the old list and then creating the new with same name. Your thoughts?

Comment

Yes this would definitely be an option. This way you could save the file as .txt format then make changes and import again when needed.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over importing a stock symbol list.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Christopher, I encountered a minor problem while working with an Instrument List in Market Analyzer. A symbol (WFMI) recently changed (to WFM). My instrument manager of course had the former symbol, so I deleted it and added the new symbol from importing symbol list. I modified the name and checked the historical price data for new symbol and created a test chart, all seem to be fine. My problem is when I added the new symbol to my Market Analyzer list, looks like the indicator columns updated (in analyzer) but the price (bid, ask, last) are not displaying data. Where should I be looking to fix,
          thanks

Comment

If you are receiving the correct data within the Orders tab you should receive this data within the Market Analyzer. If you do not please right mouse click within the Market Analyzer window and select "Reload all historical data".

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #1253 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes