Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart display problems

Hi,

I have imported some data for the last 10 years but when i backtest and look on the chart the first 3 years plot fewer bars than they should, i am using 30 minute bars but am only seeing 4 bars per day whereas the next 7 years plot correctly and i can see 13 bars.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Freddy

Hello Freddy,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab and check if the historical data for the first 3 years is correct.

Double click the instrument in question, double click 'Last'-->'Minute' and check if the minute data for the first three years is complete. I suspect you only have 2 hours of minute data available each day for the first three years.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Yes i have checked this and it is complete,

any other ideas?

Freddy

Comment

Can you please create a 30 minute chart for 10 years via Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart and check if you experience the same.

Please tell me what version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Do you experience the same issue when backtesting the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

Comment

i tried changing the session template from instrument settings to default 24/5 which seems to have solved the problem. Is this acceptable and fair or is this cheating?

Thanks

Comment

Good to hear you are able to load the requested data using the 'Default 24/5' session template. This session template runs from Monday 12:00 AM to Saturday 12:00 AM, so it excludes the weekend.

Comment

Thanks,

just one more question, how do you adjust for stock splits, have tried going to tools options, data and then clicking adjusts for splits but doesnt seem to make a difference, do you have to reset db or repair to make it work or will this delete all the data?

Thanks

Freddy

Comment

Hello Freddy,

Can you please create a Yahoo connection as per the connection guide at the link below.

Subsequently, proceed as per the instructions below.
                • Connect to Yahoo by left mouse clicking on the menu File and selecting the menu item Connect. Then select your Yahoo connection.
                • Open the Instrument Manager by left mouse clicking on the menu Tools and select the menu item Instrument Manager
                • Select the stock that you wish to update with historical split and dividend data
                • Press the Edit button to bring up the Instrument Editor window
                • Select the Misc tab and scroll down to the bottom section Splits & Dividends
                • Press the Update splits & dividends button
                NinjaTrader will now request historical splits and dividend information from Yahoo! Finance and populate the information in your local database.

NOTE: The Update splits & dividends button only appears when connected to a provider (Yahoo) that supports historical splits and dividend data.

Comment

Hi,

since you can download split data from yahoo can you also get earnings days and apply that to your strategy, i.e exit day before earnings day?

Thanks

Freddy

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes