Chart Data vs. Market Analyzer Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Data vs. Market Analyzer Data

What would cause data to be different between a chart and the market analyzer. Attached is a screenshot of AAPL with same settings on the chart and analyzer both set to 60 minutes, calculate on bar close = false. The Analyzer MACD columns in order left to right are MACD, Avg, Diff.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

florida99,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what session template you have loaded on the chart? You can check this by right clicking on the chart--> select data series--> session template.

What session template is loaded in the Market Analyzer? You can check this by right clicking on the Market Analyzer--> select "Properties"--> Session Template.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for the reply Matthew. Because I just wanted a simple picture to show what I was seeing, I created a new chart & the session template for the screenshot was on <use instrument settings>. I normally use 24/5 or 24/7.

I've attached another screenshot this time with the session template set to Default 24/5

I am also connected to only one (premium) data feed so the data source is the same, if that helps.

I've attached a second screenshot with both analyzer & chart 'calculate on bar close' data, default 24/5 session template.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by florida99; 09-07-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Can you please email your current workspace file so I can test further?

Please send the email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include 'Attn: Matthew' in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\<your workspace name>.xml

Please attach this workspace XML document to the email and I can look into this further.

Comment

Sent.
          Thank you Matthew

Comment

florida99,

I had to correct two items to get these values to match. While the chart was set to Default 24/5, the Market Analyzer was set to <use instrument settings> . Please make sure both of these are set to Default 24/5.

I also needed to increase the # of Bars to Look back for the indicator columns. Please right on the market analyzer--> select "Columns"--> increase the # of bars look back from the default 50 to 150.

This should ensure that your market analyzer indicators are using enough bars to match the values you see on the chart.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help Matthew.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary