Logging into Ninjatrader causes IBKR to switch active account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging into Ninjatrader causes IBKR to switch active account

Hello, when I log into Ninjatrader it causes my interactive brokers application to switch which account (I have multiple accounts at IB) is currently active. I am not able to switch back to the original account unless I log out of NinjaTrader. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Hello nat101,

Thank you for your post.

Can you specify what type of accounts you have? Are these (Family) Advisor accounts?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

They are both my individual accounts, not friends and family accounts. The difference between them is that I use them to trade different instruments, so they have different trading permissions.

Comment

Nat101,

I mean how does IB classify your account? I realize this is your individual account, but is it considered a FA account? There is a limitation which causes this behavior with FA accounts. Please see below:

Comment

Yes that looks to be the same issue I am having. I am really amazed that IB has a glitch that prevents 3rd party applications from working with customers who have multiple accounts. If I had known that I might never have opened the second account.

Since They are both my accounts I wonder if I can get them reclassified away from friends and family accounts. Has anyone had luck with doing this?

Comment

nat101,

It is reported that this does not affect non-FA accounts. You should be able to get two accounts under the same login that are not FA accounts through IB. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact procedure and you would need to follow up with IB to make this request.

If you are able to complete this, would you mind sharing how it was accomplished? We would like to know for certain if future users run into similar issues.

Comment

I was just told by IBKR that my accounts are not classified as friends and family accounts. Has there been any reported issues with people who simply have two accounts under the same login? Apparently this is not the friends and family problem after all.

Note that when I log in with Ninjatrader, it does not simply disable the account selector, it actually switches which account which is active and then will not let me switch back.
              Thanks you!

Comment

Hello,

I have not heard reports from other individual accounts, however this is this is the same symptom to the issue reported in the previous thread.

Can you please confirm the TWS version you are using? You can find this under Help--> About in TWS.

Comment

I am using build 917.9a

Comment

I am really hoping this can be figured out... I have some new strategies I am itching to try and the trade management features of NinaTrader will really help!

Comment

Hi nat101,

With the current release of NinjaTrader, we recommend using the 917.8 build of TWS. Frankly, I'm not sure if this will make a difference in your case, but could you try installing this build, then restart NinjaTrader and test again?

You can install TWS 917.8 via this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_917_8.exe
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been switching back and forth between the different builds of IB in effort to see if one of them fixes the problem, including 917.8. That did not seem to solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this problem??

Comment

Hello nat101,

It is likley you are seeing the same API issue in another scenario than we have experienced.

Do you have a paper account with IB with the same structure we could test? If not, would you be able to share your live account credentials with us so we can observe and document this issue?

If so, please email support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Matthew in the subject line and refernece to this post.

We will need to test your account on our end to get a better idea of what is occurring and if there is anything that can be done.

Comment

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks,
                            Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting.

Please follow up with me with a note to pport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Kyle in the subject line and a link to this thread in the body of the message. Thanks!
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Max238
                              by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                              24 responses