Saving Trendlines on ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Trendlines on ninjatrader

I am trying to save trendlines, drawings, notes on each particular chart like I can on freestockcharts.com. I just signed up so I am new, can somebody help ?

jassadaku, welcome to our forums here - please save your charts created and modified in a workspace file in NinjaTrader :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I save the workspace, but the trendlines don't save. Everything else, like my moving averages are saved, just not the trendlines. When I click on new chart to get my chart, there are no trendlines. HELP!

Comment

OK, I think I'm making some progress; when I restart Ninja Trader, my saved chart pops up. If I close the chart window, do I need to restart Ninjatrader each time I want to get my chart with all the trendlines?

Also, is there a way to save custom data series settings? Like on a 60 minute chart, the default is to only load 5 days; if I set it to 20 days, can i save that???

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Hi Drew, the trendlines are saved in a the workspaces for a specific chart only, they would not be global per default meaning you close the chart you saved them with an open a new one which would then in turn have the trendlines as well. However if you save the workspace and resue the chart contained in the workspace the trendlines should persist for you.

We do have global drawing objects as well, that one chart could expose and therefore 'attach' to all other charts of the same instrument - here's a short video introducing those - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...Properties.htm

You can right click in the Data Series parameters to save a new default per each bars type (i.e. Minute, Tick, Volume etc).

Comment

It's still not working. Can't save trendline or any chart work. I've tried saving template, saving the workspace etc. Seriously; it's this blasted difficult to save chart settings?

Step by step: HOW DO I GET THE CHART I JUST WORKED ON TO SAVE ALL MY WORK????????????????????????? So when I open the program tomorrow morning, it is just like I left it last night, like every other charting software out there does??????????

Comment

Drew, I'm sorry to hear the frustration - can you please contact us directly via Help >> Mail to Support so we could

a) review your most current trace / logs files from the application
              b) schedule with you taking a remote look at the setup?

Thanks much,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              0 responses