Missing Zen Fire data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Zen Fire data

There is a gap of Zen Fire tick and minute data between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. PST this morning. I've tried several instruments including NQ, YM, and 6B, and the gap is there for all. Was there a server issue this morning? I've restarted my system a couple time and still no luck. Thanks.
    Last edited by mrpowerballad; 09-08-2011, 07:39 AM.

same problem here

What a way to start the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

I am seeing the same issues here - primarily with CME Forex futures (6A, 6C, 6B, 6E, 6S) and GC

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The NinjaTrader data servers that record historical data for Zen-fire went down this morning. There will be a 1 hour gap in data this morning, from 8:30 EST until about 9:30 EST. No word on if this data will be restored at this time unfortunately.

Also, if you rolled forward on instruments such as the 6E and currency futures. You may have something else going on.

These instruments do not roll over until tomorrow in the NinjaTrader software. Therefor you are showing merged data from the 09-11 contract with a price quote from with 12-11 contract with no offset calculated.

You can use the 09-11 until tomorrow when it rolls over or change the rollover date in the software to today.

To do this go to the control center->tools->instrument manager->edit the instrument you want to roll forward on early->then go to the Misc tab and then select all the way down at the bottom is the rollover settings. Highlight it to then click the ... button to edit these. Go to the 12-11 contract and then set the rollover date to todays date, no need to set offset as this will calculate by itself. Then click ok and go to the chart and right click->reload historical data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I was trading 6E starting at 7:30 am this morning and the data was coming in fine even after the 8:30 report. I switched to ES/NQ/TF/EMD at 9:00 and noticed the missing data on these instruments. Now I reopened my 6E workspace and yep the data between 8:30 to 9:00 EST is now gone.

Comment

Zen Fire Showing Incorrect data

Hey there,
            This morning had this zen fire data issue in ES. The LOD was a Double Bottom @ 1188.25.
            When we opened the LOD was 1188.25 and we retested again @10.05 to 1188.25 to form a DB. If you see the chart I attached, something is wrong where the 2nd test of the LOD value is correct which is 88.25. The 1st test @ open my chart shows 88.75 but the correct low of that bar should be 88.25.

Do you know what the problem is? I have tried to reload / restart and even double checked my system clock. Still has the same problem

Appreciate your help.
            Thx,
            B
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

There is currently missing data on the zen-fire connection for 1 hour between 8:30 to 9:30 since the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server was down. There is no word yet at this time on if or when this data would be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                Hello,

There is currently missing data on the zen-fire connection for 1 hour between 8:30 to 9:30 since the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server was down. There is no word yet at this time on if or when this data would be replaced.

Bret,
                Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it. Just for my understanding, when I reload the data in NT from historical manager, its not hitting Zen Fire servers but hitting Ninja Trader servers to back fill the data?

So if I change to a different provider for historical this problem should go away. Correct?

Thx,
                B

Comment

Any update on if the historical data feed has been fixed?

Is it something expected to be fixed or does the historical data feed maintenance policies falls in to the category of use it at your own risk historical data? Just curious.

Thanks for your help.
                  B

Comment

We anticipate filling the missing data this weekend during our maintenance window.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was this issue successfully resolved over the weekend, and the data now available?

Comment

Data was restored.

Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post wzgy0920  
                        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM