TS dll: NTMarketPosition on Multi Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS dll: NTMarketPosition on Multi Systems

I have multiple systems in TradeStation, There is NO pyramiding allowed so I will never enter a Buy when my current position is already long. In the tips section of help you have

3. You can check NTMarketPosition for a flat position before placing an order

How exactly do i do this?
    • As NTMarketPosition has a string input of Account does this mean that I will need to set each system as a different account? Is there any downside to doing this?
    • Is there a way to do it with OrderID, where each orderID is the system Name?

Also, does Pats still set positions to flat each night and will that impact my ability to use NTMarketPosition and NTClosePosition?

TIA

Ajnin
    Last edited by AJNIN; 12-05-2007, 03:31 AM.

Not sure I follow. Apart from issue reported on the other tread: NTClosePosition reports the position in an instrument on a selected broker account. This is an account position not a position of a strategy in an account.

Please contact your Pats broker on howthey handle their overnight procedure.

Comment

Hi, I think the best way for me to ask... do you store the position information in your own database or are you pinging PATS to get this information?

I'm just in demo mode right now so I really can't check things, lets say I'm long on the day but if PATS is flattening my position each night, will NT report to me tomorrow that at I am Long or Flat?

I'm hoping you are going to say long.

TIA

Comment

Live account: NT gets position info from Pats.
        Sim account: NT stores position info in DB.

Comment

Ouch.

So you are saying in live trading that any positions that I hold past the day of entry I will not have access to in the way of NT functions, such as NTMarketPosition, NTClosePositions and the like becase PATS is not going to report back any existing positions.

If this is so, is there some sort of work around?

Comment

NT ATI position methods only relate to current positions and not past positions. Unfortunately there is no work around.

Comment

Let me clarify.. If I have a position that is open and was entered 2 weeks ago, are you calling that a "current" position or a "past" position.

From the sounds of it, you are calling it a past position and un-accessible via NT.

So the position is accessible only on the day of entry?

Comment

Position is reported as you see that in the account (=current position) no matter when it was entered.

Comment

I'm sorry Dierk for my cloudiness on this issue.

In Live trading if I have 20 entries today in various markets, come tomorrow can my code in TS use NTClosePositions to exit the positions?

Comment

Real simple: as long as you see a position in your account you can exit this position by NTClosePosition.

Please see my post below and ask you broker if they carry position to the next day so you would see it on your account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH