Strategy analyzer very slow.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyzer very slow.....

Is it just me? Optimises that used to take about 15 minutes now take several hours. This only seems to have started happening a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been running a lot of optimises over the last few weeks, but I've noticed that optimises have become a lot slower. I haven't really changed anything, I'm still running them on the same strategy on the same instrument using similar parameters over similar time frames.

I've noticed other odd behaviour too. Like, when I'm running Strategy Analyzer, if I've minimised the SA window, sometimes Windows won't bring it up again.

I've tried repairing the database, that didn't seem to make any difference. Am I just going nuts?...

Thanks,
    Ian

Owlman, I have not seen any other reports so far, what build version of NT are you running here?

Are you running your backtests / optimizations in connected / disconnected state?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

64 bit 7.0.1000.7. Running disconnected. I started an optimise this morning before I went to work, that would normally take about half an hour. It was still running when I checked it at 8 pm after I'd had dinner. I aborted it and it took another twenty minutes and still hadn't ended. I ended up canning Ninja with Task Manager... Nothing else (i.e. email) would run either until I finally canned it. Then, all okay...

I had rebooted my PC before I started the optimise this morning to make sure I didn't have any memory leaks or anything.

:-(

Comment

Sorry to hear about the issues, would you mind forward us your log / trace files via Help > Mail to Support for review? Are you properly diposing potential custom resources like text files used in your strategy?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
          Apologies for not getting back to you earlier. Just tried to email the log and trace files, but the function failed, apparently it timed out or failed to respond properly. address shown is 64.38.21.160:25. Maybe I should reinstall?...

Comment

No worries Owlman, in that case can you please mail me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com? I'll provide then further steps this way.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Okay, but how do I find the files you need? Found the log file but where's the trace file?

Thanks,
              Ian

Comment

Ian, the trace files can be found in the My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/trace folder and the log files are in the My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/log folder.
                AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Doh!! -- ;-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post XXtrader  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM