Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicators disappear when using copy and past in chart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicators disappear when using copy and past in chart!

Situation:
    daily chart window with MACD and Volume. If I copy a Trendline, everything is fine. But if I choose 'paste' to insert a copy of this trendline, the idicators dissapear... There is an empty field with no scale...
    I restart NT7 twice, but everytime the same problem....

Is there again a problem with stored data? If I doubleclick on the Trendline I want to duplicate, I can edit everything and everything seems fine. What's up here?

Jens

edit: And no, I don't click in the indicator panel for inserting the Trendline.....
    Last edited by xenayoo; 09-15-2011, 07:30 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

It sounds like this trend line is getting pasted in at the wrong value. Do you see the trend line in the chart at all? If so can you click on it and go to properties and let me know the y and x values.

Also, can you provide a screenshot of this please?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

What I have done:

I exactly rightclick on the Trendline (marked in the picture 'before.jpg'. Then I leftclick into the chart (not indicator!). Now I rightclick in the chart-pane and choose 'paste'. What I get you see in the picture 'after.jpg' - indicators are gone, no Trendline was inserted.... And I can't choose a 'go back'-function....

Jens

edit: if I go back one year, the indicators appear. Is there any hidden fuction to see all drawing objects i a list and select a specific object for removing or editing?

edit2: there is no error message in the log
      Attached Files
      Last edited by xenayoo; 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Very strange. Can you please email me using control center->help->mail to support and include the log and trace files and your workspace so that I can look into this on my side. Please reference this forum post when you email in and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Further information:
          Before trying copy and past, I could add new drawing objects - like Trendlines. Now - after trying copy and paste - I can't add drawingobjects. I wanted to add a Fibonacci....

but nothing appears...

Jens

Comment

Anyway, a Listwindow for listing all drawing objects in a chart with date and time would be very usefull. I draw many Trendlines in a 1Minchart and press 'yes' for saving the workspace when exit the program. So there are many drawing objects stored in the chart..... For intraday there would be a function like this very useful: remove all drawing objects older than x days.....
            ;-)

Jens

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note I will forward to development.

Comment

This is not a single Problem....

....this may be a bug: A friend o me has the same problem: when using copy&paste for drawing objects, indicators all disappear and no new drawing object can be inserted....

Jens

Comment

Hello,

Yes for sure it is a bug, I would need to duplicate the problem scenario to development so they can resolve.

If you run into the issue again on a new workspace please let me know and we will work closely with you again to try to get down to the reproducible scenario. We may even do a remote session to try and narrow it down.

Thanks.

Comment

xenayoo, I have got the same problem since a long time.

Enclosed a small script / indicator to display all draw objects in the output window and to remove a single draw object.

Please let me know (in this thread) if NT support could fix the problem.

Thanks,
                    DH
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Mongo
                    by Mongo