Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request

Hello

I recently had to reinstall Ninja on a new computer and although I imported my Workspace from another computer it took me more than one hour until everything was exactly the same as on the old computer.

It would be a big improvement to have a feature where at the click of a button Ninja creates a complete backup of ALL Workspaces, Chart Settings, Indicators, Strategies, Indicator Settings, DOM Properties, Chart Properties, etc

This backup file could then be imported and installed on a new computer and you would be ready to go in minutes.

Thanks

Hello laocoon,

We already support such backup files. You can transfer all your settings and data using such a backup file.

Please create a backup file as per the instructions at the link below on the 1st computer.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the 2nd computer at the exact same location - (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

Start NinjaTrader on the 2nd computer and restore your backup file.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason

Thanks for your reply.
      This sounds very promising, I'll give it a try later today.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jason

I did what you suggested and it works great. Here are a few suggestions to further improve this feature as some settings weren't taken into account (I had to reconfigure them manually).

-Charts: I had to recreate every chart via File =>New => Chart (the Chart Template was saved though)
        -Chart Properties => Label Font
        -SuperDOM properties

That's all I've noticed so far.

Thanks

Comment

Charts should transfer as well providing you include your workspaces in the backup file.

Chart templates will save the chart properties menu and thus the Label font setting. The backup file will have your chart templates saved in the status when you created the chart template. Could it be the Label font was different for that chart template when you created the backup file?

The SuperDOM properties settings reside in the 'Configuration files'. Could it be it was not enabled in your backup file?

Comment

Jason,

I didn't uncheck anything when I was asked what I wanted to include in the Backup, so I'm guessing that this can't be the explanation. As for the chart template, I saved it as the default template right before I created the Backup. I just found out that the "Display in Data Box" feature of all my indicators wasn't saved either in the Backup.

Thanks

Comment

The backup file will restore all settings the way it was saved when you created the backup file.

If you continue to experience issues with backup files, please let me know.

Comment

Hi Jason

I did quite a lot of testing with the Backup File and there are two issues that remain on my end:
                -When I first run Ninja on a new computer with the Backup File, there are no charts on the screen. The instrument manager shows all markets that I trade, but I have to open every chart manually (the chart templates work well though).

-The font size of the charts and of the DOM isn't saved either.

Other than that, everything works well.

Thanks

Comment

Charts are part of workspaces. Did the backup file have the workspaces saved without charts?

Could it be workspaces was disabled when you created the backup file?

Workspaces restore as expected when I test it on my end. As a test, please create a new workspace on one computer and save it. Subsequently, create a backup file for workspaces only. Transfer the backup file to other computer and check if the workspace in question opens as you saved it before creating the backup file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes