Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank charts

Hi,
    I opened my saved workspace but all the charts (ES) are blank. I checked the Control Center and data seems to be streaming. I then opened a brand new chart free of any indicator and the chart still was blank. Any ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

What expiry for the ES are you using?

Who is your data feed provider?

Do you get live data or nothing?

Any errors in the log tab?

Does it say loading data in the top left hand corner?

Comment

Hi Brett,

Instrument = ES 12-11,
      Data provider = ZenFire,
      Live data = as stated earlier, shows up on the Control Center but not on charts,
      Log tab = no errors logged,
      Loading message = shows up momentarily then disappears as per normal

Just tried it with 6E and the same blank effect happens. See image attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Same Problem

Hi Brett,

Sorry to jump on someone else's thread, but I'm having what I believe is the same (or related) problem so I thought it might be useful to advise you here. I'm also operating through a different broker & data provider, so it's unlikely the problem is with kashter.

Everything worked fine on my last login approx 12 hours ago. For the last two hours all minute charts are blank. Second, tick and range charts work. The only difference to kashter is that my minute charts still display the text "Loading data.." but everything else is blank.

Instruments are ES 12-11, TF 12-11 and 6E 12-11. Broker is IB.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
        nt21trader

Comment

Hello,

Does it also say loading data in the bottom right hand corner of the control center to match your charts.

If yes.

->Most likely data download issue. Try resetting everything and shutting down NT and IB TWS.

If No:

->Most likely an indicator is not calculating correctly as if there is no loading data this means that NinjaTrader is building the bars before it can display the chart and and indicator is getting stuck.

Try bringing up a new chart with no indicators does it come up?

Thanks.

Comment

Blank Charts

Hi Brett,

This morning my platform is working fine.

Last night, I had attempted opening new charts. These also locked up at the "Loading data..." stage. Interestingly, even attempting to open a new tick chart locked up, despite the fact that I already had another tick chart running and displaying live tick data.

I also attempted a couple of shut-down and reset's, including switching between IB live & IB sim accounts. No luck.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what has changed between last night and this morning, to help with future trouble shooting. But it does appear to have been a temporary data loading issue. The log and trace show nothing unusual.

Thanks for your help.

nt21trader.

Comment

Brett,
              You realize you yet to address my original issue but you seem to skip to the next issue on the thread. I have passed you the information you asked and naturally thought a response from you was forthcoming.
              Please tell me who I need to direct my issue if you are too busy to help?

Comment

Kashter,

I use ZF also, and find that sometimes, if my internet connection get's interupted for any reason(whether it's my ISP, ZF or anywhere in between), I will get the same problem and the only fix is to shutdown NT and restart. Sometimes those interupptions can happen without knowing about them, just getting the orange connection status is enough to trigger it. Realtime data continues to come in but charts won't load.

Another cause of it can be an indicator that throws an exception. So you might check your trace file and see if there is one in there.

VT

Comment

VTtrader,
                  Thanks and will try it out on Monday - hopefully none of this blank charts happen again. I checked my log and nothing there. I have solid internet connection but I agree anything could have bee the cause. That was the first time for me, so I feel your frustration when your internet goes away.
                  Still I feel NT support could have done a better job in handling client issues.

Comment

Originally posted by kashter View Post
                    VTtrader,
                    Thanks and will try it out on Monday - hopefully none of this blank charts happen again. I checked my log and nothing there. I have solid internet connection but I agree anything could have bee the cause. That was the first time for me, so I feel your frustration when your internet goes away.
                    Still I feel NT support could have done a better job in handling client issues.

I've had these kind of charts but using TD Ameritrade and not getting a proper data load.

I'd check out these items:

You should verify your instrument manager settings are correct for your data provider and set.

Also, is market analyzer showing real time data?

And, is the date for the chart the current date? Sometimes when I open all my charts the night before and connect to TD Ameritrade the next day, the date is still the previous day for some odd reason because the chart doesn't get refreshed, so I must manually set the date as "today's"

And are you using charts that require tick information? (such as tick,range bar?)

Do 1,3,5,10 minute charts work?

Comment

We have too many items and posters going on in this thread to isolate each issue without confusion and missing posts as kasher found below.

Please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com and reference your post on this thread. Our support team will be able to work with you individually on your issue.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Skifree
                      by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view