Help, Having problems staying connected with patysystems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Having problems staying connected with patysystems

I have had problems on and off for a while now. I use version 6 thru patysytems, with windows xp on a seperate computer (2gig of ram). My platform used to be rock solid, rarely ever going down. Over the last couple of months, when i go to place a trade, I lose my connection, and order. The order basically goes in limbo, and I cannot cancel it unless I log out and back in. It seems to happen a lot more frequently now. I called global futures (where my acct is), and they told me that the patystems issues have been resolved. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I love the ninja platform, but if this continues, I will have to terminate it and change my acct to somewhere else.
    Thanks.

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in return reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:
    - ISP issues
    - Hardware firewall issues change IP addresses frequently
    - Dynamic ISP addresses switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work
    - With Windows XP SP 2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
    - Broker server having problems

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response. I have a static IP address. I am not running anything else but my trading platform. I don't lose my internet connection, only when I enter a trade at that exact moment I enter the trade I lose the feed and the trade goes into limbo. I haven't downloaded the newest version yet, do you think this might help. i also don't have any anti virus on this computer either.
      Have any more suggestions?

Comment

Phil,

Not sure, would have to see traces and logs. You can send this from within the application under Help--> Mail to support.

Once we receive them I will forward them to development.

Vince
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Vincent, I just did, and will wait to hear from you.

Phil

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes