X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading 2 accounts

Hi,
    I am moving from IB to MBT.
    I realize that MBT uses two different accounts (one for Forex, another for stocks, futures, etc.)
    Will I be able to connect with one_broker/two_accounts basis as far as I have a single broker licence?
    Which of those two accounts shouls I use to config my connection?
    Thanks!

Edited: last question. When I bought my licence, 4 years ago, I selected IB. Is my licence / program still valid?

Hello eswap0,

Yes, you can trade futures, stocks and forex while connected to MBTrading using a single broker license key.

You will use your MBTrading username and password to create a MBTrading connection as per the link below.

If this only provides you access to futures, forex or stock trading, please check with MBTrading if they can include all three instrument types as per one MBTrading login.

In addition, your license key should still be valid. If you experience an error message using your license key, please forward it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi again,
      I am afraid it won't be that easy.
      Please find below the MBT answer:
      Forex and Equities are different asset classes and require separate account applications. Forex balances and Equity Balances remain separate as they are different asset classes and have their own individual account numbers. A sole Forex account will not allow you to trade Equities (Stocks, Futures, Options), and vice versa.
      Is there anything I can do?
      Thanks again,

jm

Comment

Originally posted by eswap0 View Post
        Hi again,
        I am afraid it won't be that easy.
        Please find below the MBT answer:

Is there anything I can do?
        Thanks again,

jm
        Have you tried simply creating 2 different connections with the different credentials, and logging on with both?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Have you tried simply creating 2 different connections with the different credentials, and logging on with both?
          No, I haven't.
          Not an active MBT customer yet. As this is going to be my third trader already, I just want to be sure everything is going to run fine before becoming a new customer for them, because I need:
          1. NT compatibility
          2. FX+stocks+futures trading
          3. Proper granularity
          Might appear silly, but is not beeing that easy!
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eswap0 View Post
            No, I haven't.
            Not an active MBT customer yet. As this is going to be my third trader already, I just want to be sure everything is going to run fine before becoming a new customer for them, because I need:
            1. NT compatibility
            2. FX+stocks+futures trading
            3. Proper granularity
            Might appear silly, but is not beeing that easy!
            Thanks!
            I guess you could just ask MBTrading if you can logon with the 2 separate accounts simultaneously from the same computer?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              I guess you could just ask MBTrading if you can logon with the 2 separate accounts simultaneously from the same computer?
              This is their answer:
              Clients are not permitted to log into multiple computers through a single username. This can only be achieved if you have two separate usernames. For users who wish to trade simultaneously, you will need two computers, each with a single version of MB Trading's platform installed.
              I am afraid this is getting more complicated.
              I can't believe I can't find a reliable broker, NT compatible, able to trade micro lots, both for FX and Stocks/Futures...

Comment

Hi eswap0,

Could you please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and include a link to this forum thread? I'll see what other options I may be able to come up with for you in the meantime.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes