Charting with Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting with Market Replay

Has anyone been able to get a NinjaTrader 5 chart to work right with the market replay feature? I got the SuperDOM to play recorded data, but the chart just shows static data that has been recorded but is not synced up with the market replay and not moving. Can't get a blank chart that simply "plays" market replay data.

imported post

You need to uncheck "Include today's data" as you open that chart.

Comment

imported post

I did, but it didn't help.

Comment

imported post

Ok, I need details.
        - which instrument are you trying to replay?
        - what chart settings are you using, 1-minute ...?
        - please send me the recorded data you want to replay. See <install>\db\data. Just send me subdir matching the date you want to replay.

Comment

imported post

I'm having the same problem as sacpokr. I use the patsystem for recording. Did you get an answer? I cannot find one on the board.

newbe

Comment

imported post

Nope, have not got any reply. Would be great if you could provide me the info below.

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Dont suppose that NT V5 will playback the Ensign records that are in .txt format? Or maybe there's a conversion that will work for NT? I'd love to test some things in my NT coordinated with my Ensign charting playback. Also I presume there's a way to turn off or limit how much recording NT is doin so the file doesnt get that large?

Comment

imported post

1) Nope. NT5 can not replay Ensign playback data.
                2) Market data recorder can be turned on/off by Tools->Options->Misc->Check/UnCheck "Run market data recorder"

Comment

imported post

Then anyone out there can figure out how to take an Ensign .txt playback file from the playback data base and convert to a NT readable playback file? Im thinking importing the .txt Ensign file to Excel delinated for columns and sorting it so NT can read it then importing it to NT somehow?

Also has anyone given any thought on coding a script for MIRC to pull from NT trade executions file or log file or perhapseven transaction P/L when closing the trade so that it will print in IRC with timestamp and nick automatically? IMHO it'd be really great to have an IRC channel withNT traders posting just trades in real time.....replicating thepits where everyone sees what everyone is doing makes foran interesting added dimension to evaluating one's own Price Action interpretations.

Comment

imported post

Looking for food for thought ...

1) Are you aware of any MIRC room where NT is actively used? Which one?
                    2) Do you have a list of "most popular" MIRC trading rooms?
                    3) Which other popular chat room SW would you recommend taking a look at?

Comment

imported post

I gave up on the chats during trading because of the egos and subsequent distractions........so dont have any suggestions but there are a few on the financial net i used to play in.........but I'm telln ya i really think a channel that auto posts trades in real time NO CHAT "just the trades mam" asDectiveDano used to say<g>......could really be fun .........maybe even openingbids/offers(excluding the trailings which would be too busy)and closing trades withits entry priceor close and P/L on the position could be a major draw for us day traders....

I'm envisioning strickly a open outcry auto trade posting channel with nicks and time stamped........trades talk BS WALKS eheehe I know you guys could do it......AND imagine you'd hafta have NT to partipate*perk* $$$$

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM