Automated trading with Ninja Trader 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated trading with Ninja Trader 7

How can I implement the following simple strategy with ninja trader 7?

If price is 40 ticks above the current low of the day sell short, or if price is 40 ticks below the current high of the day buy. The strategy needs to trade once a day maximum: if price moves up and down accross the +40/-40 ticks level several times in the same day, Ninja Trader 7 will trade only the first time the level is crossed and will not trade anymore if the level is crossed again later in the day.

Other infos:
    1) Start of day should be 7.20am Chicago time, end of day should be 4pm Chicago time.
    2) The orders will be bracketed with stop loss and take profit, because it is already available as standard with NT I don't think it needs coding.
    3) The levels of +/-40 ticks are just given as examples, it could well be +/- 35 ticks or +/-45 ticks, so I need to be able to set up the levels as I wish.
    4) The automated strategy will be applied to futures trading on the CBOT.

Since I am not a programmer, I'd appreciate if someone can help and provide a solution ready to use because I am unable to code.

Many thanks
    Last edited by shortbleu; 09-19-2011, 02:52 PM.

Hello shortbleu,

If you are unable to receive a response from one of our community members, you may consider discussing your strategy requirements with one of our NinjaScript consultants.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_RyanM,

Am I unlikely to receive a response on this forum, am I posting on the correct forum?

Comment

You are posting to the correct forum, but it seemed like you had a list of requirements and were looking for a coding solution that satisfied them. Unfortunately NinjaTrader support will not develop this strategy for you. Hopefully one of our community members can lend you a hand, but if not you can always hire a NinjaScript consultant to professionally develop for you.

If strategy development is something you plan on learning, there are a wealth of resources designed to get you started. Strategy wizard is good to start if you do not have experience coding. First is to visit this page on the strategy development process:

There are also additional reference samples available on our forums that can help with items like setting up time filters, resetting values at each day. These educational resources are available here:

Comment

Stop in Automated Strategy

Is there a way in an automated strategy to set a stop at the low 2 bars ago?

Comment

Hello djdinut1,

You could do this with:
            SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Low[2]);

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            9 responses
            1 like