Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Ninjascript error

Hi

I am trying to use Sentient Trader which uses Ninja Trader / Kinetick.

On loading Ninjatrader I'm instructed (by Sentient) to import Ninjascript file but it comes back with

"You have custom Ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved... "

When I try the remove Ninjascript it still comes up with the same error

Can you advise me on what type of file I can search for to delete any other Ninjascript files that I may have that are causing this problem.

Thanks for your help

Charles

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

• Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you. Please let us know the exact error messages you're seeing within the NinjaScript compile and we can provide the next steps. A screenshot will be helpful for us to identify.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks Cameron

After I sent the message to the forum I did a computer search to find any files with Ninjascript in the name and found another "script" from another software maker, deleted it and it fixed the problem.

Many thanks for your quick attention and help

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
      6 responses