Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to ATM Strategy

Hi there

I have been creating a NinjaScript indicator that I have been trying to convert to a NinjaScript Strategy. I have challenges in real-time with CBOC = false and am not having much success with FirstTickofBar because it makes everything move to a crawl.. so that is a work in progress.

Now I came across ATM Strategy in the help guide. I read that there is a clear line between an ATM strategy and a NinjaScript Strategy.

So my question, if I like to manually place a BUY and then want the computer to either hit the target or the stop is it better to have an ATM or a NinjaScript Strategy?

My target and stop is based on price data calculations. It doesn't seem to be that I can use an ATM strategy unless I can program the stop and target like SetStopLoss in a strategy.

Thx
    IJ

Hello,

The ATM Strategies are designed to work with manual entries first off however it must use static values for the stop loss and profit target.

As far as being able to do a manual entry and have stops and targets that are calculated off indicator/math logic. This is unfortunately is not possible with NinjaTrader at this time as the NinjaScript strategies for them to automate the exits you must also automate the entries. Therefor you could do this in a NinjaScript strategy however the entries would need to be automated by the strategies as well unfortunately.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R