Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Not Working

I have zen-fire.

The quotes on the basic entry module are working, but the charts are not working.
    There are gaps in the price data & they are not moving with the price.
    Sometimes they do move, but not in sync with real-time quotes.

I synced my clock. I reloaded historical data numerous times. I shut down my computer & restarted. I'm using 24/7 chart format. Everything is the same as always, & it's worked for months.

I'm using CL charts right now, but also tried NQ. Neither work.

What should I try next?

(Update: I don't think "basic entry" module is working either. The bid/ask move, but the "last" seems delayed)
    Last edited by MacAttack; 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM.

Hello MacAttack,

Thanks for writing in to report this issue.

Could you provide me with an image where I could take a look at the difference between the two windows?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your next reply here.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I attached the chart (hopefully).
      The bid/ask are moving, but the last is delayed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello MacAttack,

The last price value in these two windows looks to match up to me. When you say that the last price is delayed, are you saying that the chart updates a bit slower than the Basic Entry window, or that last price looks to be delayed when comparing to another source?

Comment

The bid/ask on the "basic entry" module is 87.10 to 87.13. Last is 87.01.
          I know from experience that Last is incorrect. The charts seems to be updating based on that "Last" value.

Comment

Hello MacAttack,

That chart is something which would be updating based on LastPrice by default. Can you clarify for me how the price is incorrect? I'm trying to determine if this is an issue of the chart or the data being fed in to the chart here.

Comment

The "Last" price is incorrect. The bid/ask are moving, but the "Last" is not.
              It is extremely delayed.

Right now I have bid/ask 86.90 to 86.92
              Last 87.00.
              That's not correct.

I attached a time & sales screenshot. It registers a trade at 9:09:19 and there is not another one until 9:11:08. That can't be correct.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello MacAttack,

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to compare this result to what I see on my side as the T&S window shows only real-time data. That said, one thing I can tell you is that NinjaTrader will display only the information it receives - if the software is not sent an update of last price, then no update to last price would take place. If you feel that the data which NinjaTrader received was incorrect, you may need to follow up with the party who provides that data.

Just one last thing; Do you see any disconnection errors in the Control Center's orders tab between those two ticks?

Comment

It looks like that is being run through TeamViewer, if that is so, I would think that might introduce all sorts of potential problems.

VT

Comment

It seems to be a ninja-trader problem to me, not a zen-fire problem.

Here's a new screenshot. The quotes on the "basic entry" module do not match the quotes in the "control panel".
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi MacAttack,

I didn't notice at first, but it does look like you're checking this with a remote connection. Can you physically access this PC?

The delay imposed by remote software can feasibly result in display issues like what you show here.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                        Hi MacAttack,

I didn't notice at first, but it does look like you're checking this with a remote connection. Can you physically access this PC?

The delay imposed by remote software can feasibly result in display issues like what you show here.
                        I can not access it physically right now.
                        I've used it with a remote connection every day for 3 or 4 years now. That may cause a slight delay, but it wouldn't cause 2 screens not to match. Also the chart should not be all choppy & have gaps all over it.

Something is definitely wrong; I just need to know how to fix it. I've used the software almost every day for 3 or 4 years, so I know something abnormal is going on.

Comment

MacAttack,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In that message, include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. The file I need would be named 'trace.20110920.txt'.

Comment

Just sent the information requested.

Comment

Just noticed something else that might be an issue you're using CL 10-11 you should be on 11-11

VT

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y  
                              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes