Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleanning the database

Hi all,
    After few problems with IB connection Idowngraded the TWS application to the 917, and it seem solved.
    I try to receive only the information that I want, and I eliminated the instruments for old future contracts from Instrument manager, from all workspaces and all Market analizers.
    So for example ES09 2011 doesnt exist in Ninja Trader, at least theorerically.
    I tried delete database, reset instruments and I deleted phisically the DB directory too,.... but when I open NinjaTrader (last version), it automatically create the DB directory and few folders at day and minute level for
    "ES 09-11"
    How can I delete it totally and avoid to recharge from IB?
    Thanks

Joan

domenech,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab and check what you have the "Merge Policy" set to.

When you open your charts for the ES 12-11, how many days back are you loading?

It is most likley you are requesting data from a date range that includes the ES 09-11 where the merge policy will merge this contract into the ES 12-11 and plot these two as continuous. If you would like to prevent this from occuring, please set your MergePolicy to "DoNotMerge".

More information on Understanding Merge Policies can be found below:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

DoNotMerge

Hello,
      thanks for your quick reply. But this isn't the case,...I have the Merge Policy at DonotMerge, and the number of day back is in all the cases 2 or 4 ,.... but the folder for ES09 has been created before to connect to IB.
      I detected that the folder ES09 is created when I open the one specific workspace that has had ES=) previously but not now.
      It happens also with other instrument, NQ09 and now NQ (09 or 12) are not included in any worksopace or Market analyzer

Comment

Domenech,

What method are you using to delete the historical data for the ES09? If you are sure there is not an ES 09-11 in the workspace, and you have deleted the data including the cache, there would be no place for this data to be loaded before IB. Data is not saved in the workspaces.

Please delete your historical data using the instructions provided at the following page of the NinjaTrader Help Guide:
        Removing Historical Data

• Once the data has been deleted close NinjaTrader. Open the Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\cache folder. Select all files then right mouse click and select “delete.”
        • Open NinjaTrader and connect to your data provider. Open an new chart.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Comment

Cleanning database

I deleted from the Historical Database as explained in the link (selecting the instrument in Historical Data Manager - Edit and Delete.
          I deleted all of them from NT 7 - db- cache and also from nt 7 - db- day and minute.
          But, after restart Ninja Trader, before connect to IB, all the deleted folders reaper.
          .... I don't understand...

Comment

domenech,

I'd like to setup a remote session where I can take a closer look at your setup.

Can you pleas send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com Attn: Matthew in subject line and a reference to this thread

Please include your phone number and a date/time including your time zone you would be available.

Comment

Cleanning database

Thanks for your offer,....
              I tried deleting the workspace and after that, when I restart, the old instrument folders were not recreated,... it seems that runs, let me do some checks and I will come back

Comment

Glad to hear they weren't recreated after deleting the workspace.

If you run into anything else, please take up my offer at any time by emailing me your phone number.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes