Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Alert Not Resetting

Hello,

Just trying out the alert feature built within NT7, and I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly. If I add PriceAlert to, for example, an ES chart, I receive the alert the first time it triggers. If I reset the Alerts Window, the window clears, but I do not receive the alert next time the price trades. Is this not the correct way to allow the alert to trigger again? If I open the Indicators window and click OK, the alert will re-trigger, but I assume the Reset Alerts function on the Alerts Window should do the same? I have also tried this on setting an alert on, for example, the Vol indicator, but the results are the same.

Also, is there an easy way to have the alert auto re-set without getting into some programming? I am not familiar with how to code for NT yet.

Thanks.

Hello cshomecs,

Clicking OK on the indicator screen is one way to reset the alert so it's active again. You can also make any manual adjustment to the line and it will reset the alert. Without custom programming, this is all that is available. Hitting reset alerts on the alerts window will clear alert messages, but it doesn't reset alerts at the script level.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll take a look at editing the script.

Comment

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for that tip. For some reason, I can't get it to work still. I think I might just be editing the code incorrectly. I inserted

if(FirstTickOfBar)
        { ResetAlerts();
        }

as lines 109-111, but it doesn't reset. I assume I must have some formatting incorrect? From what I have seen on this forum I believe this is a global reset so I do not have to name the alert ID.

Alternatively, can I also accomplish this by changing the rearmSeconds value? I changed it to 2 but that didnt seem to do anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for that clarification. After adding the code, the alert window resets so that the messages are cleared on a new bar. However, I do not receive another alert when it should trigger.

Maybe I am confused as to what you were meaning that this code should do. Should it clear the alert window, or should it reset the alert as if I was going to the indicator window and clicking ok?

Thanks for all of your help on this.

Comment

You're right on the behavior there, and it looks like there are other parts of the indicator logic contributing. I apologize for leading you down the wrong track.

There are custom elements that prevent this from sounding another time, and is just the way it's designed.

Best suggestion from here is to create a new one from scratch, or maybe try one of the user contributed ones provided on these forums, like this one here:
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I modified price alert to remove the "return" statement after an initial trigger, and added a reset on first bar tagged to the specific alert. It's attached here and you're welcome to download and see if it works for you. This file is only provided as is. We unfortunately cannot provide additional support for it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I just noticed your last post. Sorry about that. I used your alert a bit today, and so far so good. It's working just as I had hoped. Many thanks for your help on this!

Comment

You're welcome. Glad that it's working out for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                  Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes