Metadata file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metadata file

I am having a frustrating time trying to solve a problem I have not struck before. I am trying to load and compile an indicator but I am getting the following message:

"Metadata file 'C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Bin\Custom\VisualSMAMTF.dll' could not be found"

I have recently added an indicator revised by FatTails - his VisualSMAMTF indi. I did not have this problem prior to that.I am at a loss to know how to rectify it. I have reloaded the indi VisualSMAMTF and the dll files are present. I have NT7 installed on my PC and my laptop but I am getting the same problem on both. I have even reinstalled NT7 on the laptop and still get the message.
    What I cannot figure out is what has a Metadata file got to do with NT7? Has anyone struck this problem before or have any idea how I could solve it?

Karl

Hello Karl,

Can you please proceed as follows. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator. Double click any indicator to open the code window. Please right click in the code window and select References. Add the .dll reference that is listed using the following path and recompile.

C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Bin\Custom\

Let me know if this will not work for you.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Metadata file

Hi Jason,
      I got so frustrated that I used the sledgehammer approach. I uninstalled NT7 completely and removed (saved to flash drive) the directories which had any indicators and strategies as well as the NT7 files. I then reinstalled NT7 and added just what I need at the moment. This may have been a blessing in disguise because there was probably far too much stuff there anyway - like cleaning out garage from time to time!! Amazing what accumulates!

I now have a nice clean NT7 with the minimum of indicators, etc and no problem. I rreally do not know what caused the problem but although it has taken some time ot solve it, it saved the little bit of hair I have from being torn out! Thanks for your respones but I will not need to follow up on it.

Karl

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post techgetgame  
      Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes