Scale In With ATM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale In With ATM's?

Hello. I like to scale into my positions. For example, when I get a buy set up I like to place a buy limit for one contract at 3 ticks below the market another at 6 ticks below the market. Of course, they both have stops and profit targets. My question: I'm assuming that there's no way to do this with just one ATM, but is it possible with two? Thanks

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to scale into position and use 2 ATM Strategies (separate stops and targets), you will want to change your AMT Strategy Control List behavior.

Please right click on the SuperDOM--> select "Properties"--> locate the "ATMStrategySelectionMode" and set this to "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission".

With this option set, you should see each scaled in position use it's own stops and targets.

Please review our Help Guide article on ATM Strategy Selection Mode for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to scale into position and use 2 ATM Strategies (separate stops and targets), you will want to change your AMT Strategy Control List behavior.

Please right click on the SuperDOM--> select "Properties"--> locate the "ATMStrategySelectionMode" and set this to "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission".

With this option set, you should see each scaled in position use it's own stops and targets.

Please review our Help Guide article on ATM Strategy Selection Mode for more information:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm
      Thanks Matthew. I just want to confirm that it is not possible to set up just one ATM for a scaling in strategy.

Comment

Hello,

No you would not be able to scale in using a single ATM Strategy. You will need to place separate entry orders to scale in.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes