Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing strategy symbols?

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, I cannot run my strategy on a basket of future symbols. I need to run the strategy separately on each future symbol?

That is the way I am currently doing it. Problem is when the contract rolls from September to December I cannot change the symbol in the edit strategy tab.

How can I change the contract month on a strategy with out having to remove and recreate all 40 symbols that I'm running my strategy on?

Regards,
    Bill LoPinto

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the post. Responded via email:

You can run a strategy on a list, and it will create a separate strategy instance for each item in the list. To do this, select the instrument list option after right Clicking > new strategy. The strategy grid offers the same selection capabilities as standard windows, so you can control + click to select multiple items, or shift + click to select a range. Strategies can be batch enabled (after selected) by right clicking > Enable.

During rollover, you will have to change the front month and apply new strategy instances. A strategy does not allow you to change its instrument.

Unfortunately there is no shortcut to rolling over your instruments according to steps below:

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.

* From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    * Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    * Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    * Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ScottW
    by ScottW

Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
    14 responses