X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koganam
    replied
    Originally posted by Gustavo.Almeida View Post
    I tried removing the account, restarting ninja trader (and the netbook also) and adding the account again. It keeps on not connecting. Just tried connecting on the desktop and it connects without a problem.

I checked Windows Firewall and NT has permissions activated.

None of that will work. If you used a computer to connect to a demo of ANY ZenFire, or Rithmic derived feed within the last 90 days, and that Demo has expired, you cannot connect with that computer. Rithmic is the one enforcing the restrictions.

If I remember right, there are some brokers who can rescind the restrictions if they please, but generally most brokers refuse to do so. You should know why; and it has nothing to do with datafeed costs, if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Gustavo.Almeida
    replied
    I tried removing the account, restarting ninja trader (and the netbook also) and adding the account again. It keeps on not connecting. Just tried connecting on the desktop and it connects without a problem.

I checked Windows Firewall and NT has permissions activated.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanM1
    replied
    OK, thanks for the reply. Look for and disable any local firewalls on the netbook, as that could also cause the "Login failed" message.

Leave a comment:

• Gustavo.Almeida
    replied
    Hello Ryan, thank you for your prompt reply.

The credentials do work, I only got them this week. I've been trying for the last hours to get NT7 connecting on the netbook without sucess but do connect without any problem on my desktop (using the same login, and making sure I logoff on the desktop before trying to connect on the netbook).

Although I've tried it before, my netbook is restarting and I will delete account, restart NT7 and recreat account.

I'll post again shortly.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanM1
    replied
    Hello Gustavo.Almeida,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums! That message is typical of an expired demo account. If you aren't sure, please contact your broker to confirm the username and password you're using are valid. We can also test the login here as well. Send the username and password to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and we will see if we're able to connect with it.

If the credentials are valid but you're not able to connect, recreating the connection will help ensure that current ip addresses are set for the connection.

* Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    * Restart NinjaTrader
    * Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

Leave a comment:

• Can't connect on one computer but do so on another

Hello.

I'm trying to connect to zenfire and I can do it in my desktop but can't get it working on a netbook (each at a time). Both computers are connected to the same network and both use Win7.

This is the message I get: Login Failed. Please Check Your Internet Connection or Account Settings

I've tried installing a fresch copy NT7 and nothing changed. I also deleted every NT7 folder after uninstalling and couldn't login also. I even replaced the folders on program files and my documents on the netbook by the ones that came from the desktop; I got workspaces and other stuff from the desktop working fine but still couldn't make the connection. I've restarted the computer each time after uninstalling.

I had a demo before which worked fine but I can't login now.

I've read about trying to repair the database which I did but without success.

Any suggestion?
    Last edited by Gustavo.Almeida; 09-27-2011, 03:45 PM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post junkone
by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby