Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed stops

Hi

I'm getting an issue pretty much every day.

I use Ninja (latest release) and I connect to Kinetick & then IB.

What happens is that the feed just stops. Time & Sales, DOM, Charts stop updating.

Today this happened about 6:30am EST. When I look at the log, I see the following:

9/28/2011 3:17:35 AM|1|2|Optimized CPU performance enabled
    9/28/2011 3:17:35 AM|1|4|Automated trading disabled
    9/28/2011 6:30:26 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    9/28/2011 6:30:37 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.

9/28/2011 7:16:36 AM|1|2|IB: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    9/28/2011 7:17:13 AM|1|32|Submitting order with strategy id-'a0183502392649c2939ab19bcf7a64a9' (Ticks)

As you can see, the only messages around that time are the 2 in bold.

Now - I run GOMI CD and I want my machine running 24 x 7. To resolve this issue I have to disconnect IB, disconnect Kinetick (by the way Ninja reports both as connected) and then reconnect to them.

The trace file has some other messages

2011-09-28 03:17:53:590 (Kinetick) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='ES 12-11' from='2011-09-28' to='2011-09-28' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Pete CME Globex'
    2011-09-28 06:30:26:605 Connection to NinjaTrader data server lost: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at NinjaTrader.Server.Client.Receive()
    at NinjaTrader.Server.Client.Loop()
    2011-09-28 06:30:26:606 ERROR: Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    2011-09-28 06:30:36:607 Server.Client.Loop0-1: 64.202.118.179/31654
    2011-09-28 06:30:37:256 Server.Client.Loop1-1
    2011-09-28 07:16:36:926 (Unknown) Cbi.Connection.Connect0 Disconnected assembly=7.0.1000.7 date=9/28/2011

What's the issue here?

Thanks

Pete

Hello Pete,

The log information indicates you lost connection with the historical data server for 11 seconds. This should not affect real-time data in NinjaTrader - you are still connected to Kinetick. Am I correct no real-time data was received between 6:30:26 AM and 6:30:37 AM?

Do you experience no real-time data each day at 6:30 AM?

Does it affect all instruments or only certain instruments?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Once that connection was lost, Ninja was not feeding any data to charts, Time & Sales or DOM. Even if it did reconnect it didn't cause the windows to start updating again.

I am looking at 2 instruments - EBAY and ES. EBAY would have been closed.

Regardless of whether the data feed reconnected, Ninja could not restart updating the charts or other windows.

You can see the gap in the cumulative delta on the attached picture.

You will need to take my word that everything on Ninja was no longer updating.

You can see the message at 7:16 where I had to manually disconnect and re-connect again.

This problem occurs at various times. My PC is set to EST and is synched to NIST servers (thanks to Chris @ Ninja).

It's a bit annoying to say the least!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pete,

Coud you please send me your entire log and trace files for today. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110928 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110928 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

So each time you lose connection with the historical data server, you do not receive real-time data in NinjaTrader, correct?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done Jason - I cleared out the log files earlier. So only todays is available.

What happens is it disconnects, then when I get back to the PC, it says 'connected' at the bottom of control centre but nothing is updated.

Thanks

Pete

Comment

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm currently have the same issue. The Control Panel Log tab states:
            kinetick.adapter.L1worker: msg=": Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello c-note,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your note, please include a link to this forum thread and provide me with a copy of today's trace file.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. The file I need would be named 'trace.2012122.txt'.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Resolved?

Was this issue fixed? I am having the same issue.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160422.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160422.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
                  Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

did you find a solution? i have been a having this issue connecting to FXCM for +6 months and haven't been able to fix it.

Comment

does anyone have a tool that can reconnect my connection to FXCM without me having to remove all my strategies every time the data stops.

Comment

Hello radicaltrader,

I would also invite you to reach out to us here at Platform Support. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160427.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160427.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

I have sent my log files and trace files many time previously. NT has been unable to find any solutions to help me.

I will send it all through again. I hope this time it is different. Were you able help any of the others in this thread?

Comment

is the Kinetick data (Adapter) more stable than FXCM? I see that it is Institutional level forex data from TenFore and FXCM

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting again!

I would not be able to recommend one data provider over another, as this would be considered trading advice. However, I will leave this thread open for other users to comment and leave their thoughts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Javierw.ok  
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes