using two brokers for uncommon instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using two brokers for uncommon instruments

My intention to get multibroker version, to work with CQG and IB. For obvious reasons I want to use CQG as my primary data broker and IB as my secondary but also to trade through IB. From what I know that is possible, but IB supports some markets that I trade now and nobody else does (like KOSPI - the Korean index futures K200). My problem is that if I use CQG as a my primary feed it will not possible to get K200 data as CQG does not support KSE(Korean Stock Ex).
    Is this logic correct or NT is going to know that K200 is not supported by CQG and pick up the data from IB?
    What is my solution?
    Thanks

Hello DLatNT,

You will need to connect to IB first and CQG second if you like to trade these markets.

NinjaTrader will receive data from the first connected data feed. Only if the first connection does not support an instrument type (future, stock, fore, index), NinjaTrader will receive data from the second connection. Since CQG supports futures, it will not receive Kospi data from IB if connected first to CQG and second to IB.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello DLatNT,

You will need to connect to IB first and CQG second if you like to trade these markets.

NinjaTrader will receive data from the first connected data feed. Only if the first connection does not support an instrument type (future, stock, fore, index), NinjaTrader will receive data from the second connection. Since CQG supports futures, it will not receive Kospi data from IB if connected first to CQG and second to IB.
      OK Thanks Jason for replying but I want CQG to provide ES data but only IB for Kospi. The CQG data feed is much more reliable than IB during busy times (morning session). I see there is no choice, as another instrument that I wanted to deal is SNFE SPI that both providers support but for the same reason I wanted the CQG data to be primary.
      Do I have to build the data for KOSPI ?
      Also, while I ahve your attetnion, I am trying to find in the manual how to add an icon to Chart ToolBar, like Fibonacci template, is that possible ( I saw a guy's setup with such chart template)?
      Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately it is not possible to receive Kospi data when connected to IB second. You will need to receive real-time data in NinjaTrader to submit orders.

I suspect you have access to historical data as per the Kospi when connected to IB. If not, you can store real-time data you receive in charts by enabling 'Save chart data as historical' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

Unfortunately this is not supported by default. Likely the additional icon was added using NinjaScript somehow. More information can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes