Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free intraday data for papertrading?

Hi
    I'm new to NinjaTrader. I have a ThinkOrSwim account, but I think I read in another thread that NinjaTrader doesn't support ThinkOrSwim for datafeeds. Is there any plans to support ThinkOrSwim?

Is there any other source that can be used for reasonably accurate free intraday data?

Thanks.

Hello buakaw,

Unfortunately ThinkorSwim is not a supported broker partner.

You can find a list of supported broker partners at the link below.

I am not aware of any plans to support ThinkOrSwim in the near future.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

Unfortunately, we do not support any free data feeds that provide intraday data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

free intraday through google finance

Hi Jason,

Any news in terms of supporting free intraday info (through google finance or the like) ?
      It's such a shame the app does not allow intra-day from free sources for training / practicing purposes. I just don't understand this policy.

It seems AmiBroker is the only backtesting software allowing this for the moment.

Regards

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report in terms of a free intraday data provider. It would be possible to import intraday data in to NinjaTrader if you're able to find a text copy of the data from another source however. Please see the following link for more information about importing data from a text file: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info. Let's say you can find a text file w/ Ninja compatible data. Two questions:

1) What's the import procedure?

2) How do you practice on this data ... let's say you want to "manually" add trades to this chart with imported historic data, because you want your stats to be computed by Ninjatrader ... how do you do that?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

1.) Historical data can be imported in to NinjaTrader via the Historical Data Manager's Import tab. (Tools > Historical Data Manager) Please see the following link to our Help Guide for an overview of the steps which must be taken to import data: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm

2.) Executions can be added to NinjaTrader's database manually by taking the following steps:
            • Connect to a data source via the File > Connect menu.
            • Open the Executions tab of the Control Center.
            • Right click in the blank space of the Executions tab and select Add Execution.
            • A window will appear where you will need to define the instrument, date, time, price, quantity and direction of your order.
            • After clicking OK the execution will be added to NinjaTrader's database.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I appreciate your quick answer. Below, some more:

1) I seem to miss how do you jump from pause to 500x in the Market Replay controller. I always need to go from 1x to 500x, and each time I press Play, I need to go from 1x to 500x again. I would have expected that when I press Play, to resume the last played speed. Is there a keyboard shortcut or a way to resume from your last played speed?

2) Do you know when NJ 8 will be released to public?
              3) Does NJ8 bring any news/enhancements into the replay function?
              4) What is the licensing model of NJ8 - is it similar model to NJ7 (free for SIM) or what are the differences?
              5) Can it run on MAC OS X ... (I assume not, but worth asking )
              6) Does NJ8 support Ope E Cry as a broker ?
              7) Is there a list of new features available or not yet?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

1.) Clicking the fast forward button in the replay playback control window is the only way to increase the speed of the replay.

2.) A public release date is unavailable at this time.

3.) There are several changes in this area. Please see the document I link to in the answer to your 7th question for more information.

4.) At this time we do not anticipate any changes to the licensing model which is already used with NinjaTrader 7.

5.) A Mac specific version of NinjaTrader is not available.

6.) Open E Cry is not a supported brokerage partner at this time.

7.) There are over 500 features and enhancements in NinjaTrader 8. A partial list of some of the major changes can be found in this document.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post terofs
                by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                1 response