Connecting to TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to TWS

I create new connection with IB following the steps in your web page.
    I start first TWS (last version) and then connect from NT to IB, but NT opens again a new session of TWS (asks again user and password) instead of connecting to the existing one.
    A week ago i had the connection set in such a way that when i started the connection, NT inmediatly connect to already open session of TWS.

What is wrong here?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About as well as the version of TWS you are currently running.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7

TWS 918

Comment

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

TWS 918 has an identified issue which does not allow NinjaTrader to connect.

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Comment

TWS version 918.9b

Thank you. I will try that

Comment

I have updated 923.8a version of TWS and arise again same problem described bellow:

"I start first TWS (last version) and then connect from NT to IB, but NT opens again a new session of TWS (asks again user and password) instead of connecting to the existing one"

Comment

Please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.9 with the steps I have provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
              • Close all running applications.
              • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
              • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
              • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
              • Reboot your machine.
              • Once these steps are completed, download NT 7.0.1000.9 from the link below:
                Download

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 921.5. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 921.5 via the following link:

Once TWS 921 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our
              Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Comment

Problem with upgrade

Hello, I have ninja trader connected with the TWS. I needed a new upgraded version of Ninja. Unfortunately, I did not notice the instructions, and I tried to uninstall the Ninja. Which I failed. Now I can not run the Ninja (and then follow the instructions) or uninstall it overall. Please advice. Thank you. Sincerely, Katerina Venhudova

Comment

Originally posted by Kacka View Post
                  Hello, I have ninja trader connected with the TWS. I needed a new upgraded version of Ninja. Unfortunately, I did not notice the instructions, and I tried to uninstall the Ninja. Which I failed. Now I can not run the Ninja (and then follow the instructions) or uninstall it overall. Please advice. Thank you. Sincerely, Katerina Venhudova
                  Can you tell me what occurs when you attempt to uninstall NinjaTrader. If you receive any error messages please let me know what error is generated.

Comment

We are studying the possibility to connect NinjaTrader to our IB-Master Account to pass trading orders to different individual accounts under our Master Account. Which version of NinjaTrader do we need? At present the lastest version of IB TWS is Version 923.8a of Feb 8, 2012; does the connection work with this version?

Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

With the current version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.9, it is critical that you use TWS version 921.5. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 921.5 via the following link:

Once TWS 921 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

Comment

I too am now having problems with TWS starting up. I want to switch from the paper trading account to the live account. I have the newest version of NT and the correct version of TWS. The paper trading account loads up fine and has for months.... but when i try to load up the live account it prompts me for my key card code and then instead of logging on it prompts me for my password again, then my key card code.... like a loop.

Please advise.

CanOz

Comment

Originally posted by canaussieuck View Post
                          I too am now having problems with TWS starting up. I want to switch from the paper trading account to the live account. I have the newest version of NT and the correct version of TWS. The paper trading account loads up fine and has for months.... but when i try to load up the live account it prompts me for my key card code and then instead of logging on it prompts me for my password again, then my key card code.... like a loop.

Please advise.

CanOz
                          I fixed this myself!!....whoa... i went back in and checked the box to 'allow runtime popups' and it allowed me to enter my key card code when that pop up appeared.

Cheers,

CanOz

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kujista
                          by kujista