Charting imported data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting imported data

I created an instrument called TEST. Loaded the 12-11 contract into my instrument list.

I exported ES data for a day, and renamed the file to "TEST 12-11.Last". I imported the data through Historical Data Manager. Data imports successfully.

Now when I open a chart and want to load TEST 12-11, I get an error: Error on loading chart data for 'TEST 12-11..." NT data server does not support this instrument, no data available. Same if I click "reload all historical data."

How do I tell NT to load this data from my database?

Thanks!

Hello grimReaper,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the TEST instrument and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and remove the symbol mapping for the data feeds you use. Click OK.

Remove and re-add the TEST instrument in your instrument list now that is uses different settings and click OK in the Instrument Manager.

Subsequently, create a new TEST 12-11 chart and check if the chart loads the imported data without error.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Doesn't work.

Btw, removing the symbol mapping makes TEST disappear from the available contracts list in the instrument manager, upon exiting and reopening instrument manager.

Comment

Can you please remove all symbol mapping except one - please leave one symbol mapping for a data provider you do not use and click OK. Click OK in the Instrument Manager and restart NinjaTrader.

Subsequently, create a new chart and check if the data is loaded.

If the issue remains, please tell me to what data feed you connect and what data provider contains a symbol map for the TEST instrument.

Am I correct the data is loaded if you create a chart while not connected to any data feed?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, it works.

I did everything I mentioned in the OP, however, this time before loading the chart I disconnected from Zenfire, and it works. Symbol mapping wasn't a factor.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes