2 NT copies on 2 PC's with different internet provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 NT copies on 2 PC's with different internet provider

I would like to know if the following setup will work as I would like to keep managing my trade if one of my PCs will die. Trading is done from the DOM using the free version from AMP running on CQG or Zenfire or TT datafeed.

PC1 on internet provider Ziggo. Trade is entered via the DOM. Simple trade with entry, stoploss and target(s). No OCO or other complicated strategies. After the trade has been accepted I will stoploss in place and a few targets. Now my PC dies/or internet provide Ziggo goes down.

PC2 will be activated on internet provider XS4ALL. NT will be started and I go to DOM. Can I view and manage my trade from this point on? If yes, how will PC2 know where my stoploss and targets are? If no, is there another way for me to view/manage my trades? At this point my main concern is to get out of the market without a loss. I do not want to depend on calling to my broker. Is there another way I can use PC2 to view/manage my trades entered on PC1?

Westvleteren, welcome to our forums here : for this setup you could copy over the database file via the Backup / Restore option to PC2, if you startup and connect to your account then from this PC the local and broker accepted orders would be known.

An easier setup might be working a failsafe router supporting 2 ISP connections into your setup - then you could stay on one PC with those. Keep in mind a good USV should be part of your setup as well, which needs to cover the PC's, router, modem and telephone.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, Actually I do have such a router with the 2 ISP already connected. But if the PC1 (main trading PC) dies I need another PC2 to manage the trade. Copying the database file will consume time. Is it realistic to run NT database on PC1 (main trading PC) from an external HD or USB stick and use those storage devices to connect to PC2 and then start NT on PC2 which then will start with that database.
      Will this setup work? If yes, will this setup not affect the performance of trading PC1? I ONLY use NT free edition the DOM to trade. I use another charting package due to functionalities not available in NT.

Comment

Westvleteren, this setup would likely not work and would not be supported by us - the NT database has to reside in the local MyDocuments folder. If you're prepared for such a situation copying over the .SDF file across the network to the backup PC should not take long (with NT7 the database does not store historical data so the size is kept very reasonable).
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes