Setting Alerts in Chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Alerts in Chart trader

Is there a way to set alerts in the chart trader based on a strategy ninja script strategy I have created and used in the strategy analyzer?

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for your forum post.

NinjaScript strategies cannot be applied to a chart that has Chart Trader enabled. It would be possible, however, to create alerts for different conditions using the Market Analyzer window, or indicators within NinjaTrader. For example, the PriceAlert indicator within NinjaTrader, will allow you to create an alert that will trigger when it crosses a price of your choosing. Customer indicators can also be created and used within your charts to trigger alerts of your choosing.

You can read more about setting alerts within the Market Analyzer window here:

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    John H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. You stated that "NinjaScript strategies cannot be applied to a chart that has Chart Trader enabled." Is there a way to apply it to a chart that does not have Chart Trader enabled? I looked at the video of settign alerts in the Market Analyzer, but I am trying to set an alert when three conditions are all met, so I am not sure it will work. I'm trying to set an alert for when one SMA crosses another SMA.

Comment

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it would be possible to apply a strategy to a chart that does not have Chart Trader enabled. To do this, you would follow these steps:
        • Right mouse click within your chart and select 'Strategies'
        • Select the strategy and then click 'New'
        • Set 'Enabled' to equal 'True'

This would then apply your strategy to this chart. If your strategy does not include these alerts, then you may need to create a custom indicator for this alert.
        John H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes