Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&P500 Full Size Contract/Kinetick

Hi

Does Ninja/Kinetick support the full size S&P500 Futures Contract.

If so - what's the symbol. It's telling me SP isn't recognised.

Thanks

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your post.

I believe that the full size S&P 500 contract is not available electronically, but only through open-outcry trading.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

fullsize S&P futures are pit + electronic

How do I get data into ninja trader for this symbol? SP

CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace offering the widest range of futures and options products for risk management.

thanks
      jj

Comment

Hello jj,

The instrument is listed by default in the Instrument Manager as "SP".

You will need to connect to a supported connectivity provider that supports this instrument as well in order to load data in a chart. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Great data. Your links provided answers to a question I had on multiple data providers/brokers--glad to hear you have that capability.

So after I was on the phone with PFG (my account) they told me how to setup a custom symbol...since Ninja didn't have it in their default database.

I added the SP symbol and mapped it to "SP" on PFG's row in the misc tab. The session template is set to 24x7. Ticksize 0.10, instrument type= future, merge policy= global, exchange= CME.

Then I wait for SP electronic to open and collect data from the new instrument SP that I just added to my Market Analyzer window.

Nothing streams...1 PM, 3PM, 6PM, 9PM...no data.

Perhaps this a PFG issue...could you confirm?

Thanks,
          jj

Comment

Can you please set the exchange to Globex instead of Cme. Once you made the change, please remove and re-add the SP 03-12 to your instrument list now that is uses different settings. Subsequently, check if you receive data.

When I tested it on my end, I was unable to receive data from PFG. I am not sure if PFG supports the SP instrument. Did they inform you that you should be able to load such data with your PFG connection?
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

PFG says,

"Ninja Trader is looking in to this issue. I will let you know once they
              have had a chance to look in to the issue and update you when they
              respond. Thanks"

I am unable to try the Globex option right now.

Hopefully you both can figure this out.

Many thanks,
              jj

Comment

Hello vlakmire,
                Thank you for your patience.

Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with "ATTN: Brett" in the subject line.
                Please include a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...030#post277030

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

PFG had an answer that worked:
                  "The correct symbol that needs to be used for the Globex session is NSP, however it will only chart if you are connected with a Live account. If you are connecting with a demo account, it will not chart. Thanks"
                  It works now thanks for your support.
                  -jj

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kempotrader  
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                  0 responses