Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irregular Session Close

The scenario is this:

When I open charts.... Basically New > Charts > Select instrument, select time interval, select dates... the chart sometimes view midnight (in my timezone, which is UTC + 0800) as the session close, when the real session close is at 04:15 (4 hours later).

Having reviewed previous threads, I have reset instruments and created new session templates. These attempts would work once before I revisit the problem.

My question is how does NT map the instrument to a particular session template? Why is it that given the same template and the same instrument and the same data, NT can give me different session closes on different instances.
    Last edited by Liujs; 10-10-2011, 07:20 AM.

Hello Liujs,

The session template determines when session close occurs in the chart. For example, the 'Default 24/7' session template ends at midnight Eastern Time, so if your PC clock is set to Eastern Time you will see the session break line at midnight. If you PC clock uses Central Time, the session break will occur at 11:00 PM and so on.

Can you please check if the 'Default 24/7' session template is selected in charts that have the session break line at midnight.

ETH session templates use 4:15 PM Eastern Time as end time. Please make sure such a session template is selected in the Data Series of the chart and check where the session break line is plotted. It should not be plotted at midnight.

Could it be you changed your PC clock when you experienced different session closes (session break lines)?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I did not select the default 24/7 template. What I have experimented was to use say the CME FX Futures ETH template, which corrected the problem. But when I switch over to the CME US Index Futures ETH template the problem came back. Problem is that NT only gets the session close wrong for say 1 to 2 out of the 5 days of data that I loaded.

The next time I encountered this problem, the CME FX Futures template didnt work, I had to switch over to another template. As I face this problem in the strategy analyzer as well, this issue is affecting strategy development.

Should I reinstall NT? May be some file has gotten corrupted. If I were to reinstall, how do i retain the downloaded historic data?

Comment

Hello Liujs,

Your Session Templates are stored in your database. Before reinstalling, I would suggest recreating your database file. This will ensure that your historical chart data will be retained.

Please rename your database with the following steps :
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, Let me try it out. Will keep you guys posted.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post martin70