Want to drill down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to drill down

Upon entry signal from my indicator, I would like to drill down to either the signal was emitted, or the following day. Is there a way to double click on the bar to pop up an intra day chart?

What you can try is use global crosshairs. Have one chart for your daily chart (I'm assuming thats what you are looking at). Then have a second chart that is your intraday chart. When you run the crosshair over the daily chart, your intraday chart will follow the location of the daily chart. This is for NT6.5
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

Maybe the problem is my Open Tick connection. Downloading 3 years of 5 min bars takes impractically long. That's why I was interested in drill-down feature, because I figured it's not going to download the intraday bars until I want it. Do you agree?

Comment

If you load it once it should be saved into NinjaTrader database. What you can try is not connect to OpenTick when you want to check out the charts. This will allow the charts to be populated by the database instead of calling for data to OpenTick.

I'll forward the future request to development for you though.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. I noticed that NT uses stored data if one is available on the hard drive. Are you sure that I have to disconnect from the data source for this behavior to kick in? It seems to me that the data load is much faster after the initial upload even when I am connected. Or does NT forget the fact that it loaded a data set when I restart it?

It would seem that NT should always go first to the hard drive before trying to get it over the network; is there is reason it should not do it this way?

Comment

Using the global cross hair, I notice something strange: the date on the daily chart is 3/08/2005 for example, but the date (on the title bar) of the intra day chart is 3/07/2005. The OHLC values are correct, so the cross bar itself is correct, but the date seems off by one. This seems to be reproducible with any instrument and indicators. Any ideas?

Comment

I believe NT will check for new data if you are connected to a feed. If OpenTick servers are responding slowly during this check it will translate into slow loading of charts even when there is no new data to load. I believe not connecting to a datafeed will allow for the fastest chart loading.

About the global crosshairs. Thanks for reporting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                172 responses
                0 likes