I lose my broadband connection several times a day for 30 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lose my broadband connection several times a day for 30 seconds

I have an extremely costly annoying problem for the last few weeks. My computer drops its broadband connection periodically several times a day for about 30 seconds.
    The only thing has changed is the fact I have started using Ninja trader in the last three months additional changes that took place coinciding with my problem where the purchase and installation of some third-party applications.
    I use ZenFire data.
    Can anyone tell me if they have ever experienced similar problems?
    Can anyone confirm…
    … If I run my computer and do not OPEN up Ninja trader can you confirm that there is no component of any kind attached to Ninja trader that still may remain running in the background even though it's not OPEN that could be causing my computer to drop its broadband connection?
    I'm trying to establish definitively if I don't open Ninja trader and I still lose my broadband connection for 30 seconds periodically that I can categorically conclude that it has absolutely nothing to do with Ninja trader are my third-party applications operating on Ninja trader.
    By the way it is definitely not my broadband line. As I have a broadband line for my trading business and another for domestic use I swapped them around and I still have the same problem so everything is pointing towards my computer.
    I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

Hello RayQQ,

Please see my email response to the email you sent us that handles the same topic.

As far as I know, NinjaTrader cannot cause your internet connection to drop. Did you ever experience the internet connection loss while NinjaTrader was shut down?

Yes, if NinjaTrader is not running, it will not affect your internet connection in any way.

You could create a backup file to save all settings and data. This will allow you to uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader without loosing your settings. 3rd party add-ons will need to be reinstalled. More information regarding backup files can be found at the link below.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/creating_a_backup_archive.htm
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response.
      To answer your first question: Did you ever experience the internet connection loss while NinjaTrader was shut down?
      I cannot quite answer that definitively. I did switch off Ninja trader for a few hours on one occasion and I do believe my computer dropped the connection but as I said I'm not 100% sure so what I'm doing at the moment is I have switched off Ninja trader completely this is what prompted my question I just wanted to make sure on switching off Ninja trader that I can be absolutely sure that if my broadband connection goes down that it has nothing to do with Ninja trader.
      So I'm switching off Ninja trader for the next couple of days so we will see what happens.
      Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bmartz
      by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes