Pending ATM Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending ATM Orders

Hi i would like to use the Ninja Trader software to execute trades from the charts.

I'm wondering is it possible to place an open buy order together with a stop order and a profit target order (using ATM) and have all the orders showing on the chart before the initial buy order is executed? I can only seem to get the profit and target orders showing after the buy order has been executed?

I would also like to keep a record of my charts with points marked of where my trades were executed and where my stops where placed. I noticed in simulation mode that past trades are recorded on the chart.

How long do they stay there for? How can I turn them on and off and is it possible to also have the stops marked for past trades on the chart even though they were not hit?

Hi David, the ATM will start / trigger once the entry order is reporting back filled.

Traders are recording in the NinjaTrader database for each account separately, they stay recorded until the database or account is reset.

You can turn their visualization on / off in the DataSeries properties (Ctrl + F on chart) under Trades > Plot Executions.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Bertrand.
      It's just that in Interactive Brokers I can place an order with a bracket order and all three orders, buy, limit and stop orders show on the chart before the buy order has executed. I thought maybe this would be possible in Ninja Trader to.

Comment

You're welcome David, I'm aware of that feature, called an atomic order operation...we've added this recently to our list for future consideration. Currently, the entry has to execute first and then the exit ATM is started in NT placing your exit brackets.

Comment

I think if Ninja Trader would be able to develop this type of order it would be great. It's something that would probably push me to buy a life time license.

Comment

Thank you for the great feedback David, we do appreciate it - for your reference this suggestion is tracked under # 1166 in our product development enhancement lists.

Comment

Hi!

Has this enhancement been implemented in NT8?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello shicuco,

Unfortunately this is not implemented in NinjaTrader 8. However, please see the forum thread below regarding the same topic which shows a 3rd party add-on that allows such functionality.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Iceman03 and shicuco,

I am the founder / developer of AlgoTrader Framework, a special visual add-on of NinjaTrader 7.

We are focusing on ChartTrading and Automated Strategies combination in a very unique, special way and I am ready to include in our developement any feature that is not available in NT 7 or 8.

About your "virtual" orders. We already developed this feature in 2014. Right now it is not available in v2.1 because we are working on a huge enhancement, but in few weeks we will release v2.2 that 99% will offer this feature.

Here are some "alpha" screenshots and some explanation:

On our new ATM Builder Panel (2nd screenshot) you are able to create your custom strategy AND Visualize It on the Chart using our special "virtual orders drawing" feature (under developement).

It is kind a visual ATM planner, builder on chart.

If you are satisfied with your Visrtual ATM Strategy, Save it and attach to a new Position OR to an EXISTING ONE (if the position is naked, no SL, TP).

My plan is to create some visualization options, like:

Show ATM Strategy on chart using Virtual Master price:
                  - LAST PRICE
                  - CHART MIDDLE PRICE
                  - CUSTOM PRICE (a draggable Virtual master entry order with all SL, TP levels attached)

Will be a really helpful feature, but it is extremely complicated programming, please be patient.

I hope will help you to decide to purchase NT and our Add-On as well

Please share with me your ideas, problems , anything to better understand your custom needs.

Regards

Lorant

(please forgive me for my poor english)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM