CQG login failure on XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG login failure on XP

Folks ... I'm in the process of setting up NT7/AMP/CQG to trade live but we are not off to a good start.

After adding a connectivity connector for CQG, upon trying to connect I get the following error:

Login Failed: Unable to connect to the remote server

This is on a WinXP PC; everything is up to date, no update errors.

-- I tried wrong ID/PW but same error so its not incorrect credentials
    -- I can connect on a Win7 PC using the same data copied over from the XP PC, so it appears to be an XP issue (* see note below)
    -- I can connect on the XP PC using CQGTrader software
    -- IQFeed that I also have connects fine (as has been for months)
    -- NT7 was also uninstalled and the data dir renamed so the NT7 re-install was essentially a new install in all ways, same error.

Suggestions? Thx. --MattC

(* the copy from the XP to W7 PC had an issue I am very surprised at given its the year 2011 ... after much time and head banging I found 3 lines in an XML config file ___hardcoded____ with directory pointers (C:\<etc.\<etc>\) ... whats up with that guys?!?!?!?!?!?)

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents-> NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

remote connection ,small fee NT servers

hello:

read this today :

"
      well, in any case, I meant NT... I have it installed on my laptop, but rarely use it... I remote connect to the Chicago server... small fee and worth it for stability"

can you tell me what this refers to the remote connect o NT servers

Comment

Do you have any type of firewall software that blocks access to NT server on the XP machine?

Windows come with its own firewall, so you may want to check that first.

Good luck

Comment

I disconnect firewalls.What s the "stop with protection" order on globex,on chart trader when I have stop orders above and below the price say ,for quick access,are those orders held at the 1.my pc,2.my broker,3 some other server farm:

please

Comment

Chris ... its my firewall as some others have also pointed out; didn't think of it as other connections were working ok. And nothing was showing up in the log that something was being restricted.

Your response on NT7 log/trace files prompted me to have a look; I see a couple IP addresses between "connecting" and "Unable to connect"; 64.202.118.179 and 208.48.16.130 using port 31654. However, opening them up nets the same error.

Is something else going on since neither of these IPs showed up in my firewall log? Do have firewall specifics on CQG data feeds and firewalls that works?

Thanks. --MattC.

Comment

disconnect

U can disconnect the firewall,exchange doesnt carry bubs

Comment

b

carry bugs

Comment

Hello MattC,

CQG connects using the IP address and port number below. Make sure it is not blocked by the firewall.

IP = 208.48.16.130
                  port = 31654

Unfortunately I am not sure how to configure your firewall software in such a way. If you need assistance, I suggest to check with the firewall vendor. Usually you can exclude applications from being blocked by the firewall.

You will connect to our historical data server as well when you connect to CQG. That connection can use one of the following IP addresses and port number below.

port = 31654
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. I resolved the problem this morning. The CQG connection didn't like being forced thru my firewalls web proxy; once turned off it connected. Not an ideal situation as apps could circumvent the proxy, but it will have to do for now.

Any idea if this is an NT7 issue or CQG? I would like to see it addressed as some point as IQFeed worked fine and no other apps have complained in using this configuration in the 3 years or so I have had this setup.

Regards. --MattC.

Comment

Matt
                      I am having what sounds like the same problem, but disabling my firewall didn't allow me to connect. I usually connect to an IQ Feed connection and then to CQG connection. My laptop will connect to both fine, but starting yesterday, by desktop with XP on it will not connect anymore. It connects to IQ Feed fine, but can't connect to CQG.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Beaty View Post
                        Matt
                        I am having what sounds like the same problem, but disabling my firewall didn't allow me to connect. I usually connect to an IQ Feed connection and then to CQG connection. My laptop will connect to both fine, but starting yesterday, by desktop with XP on it will not connect anymore. It connects to IQ Feed fine, but can't connect to CQG.

Any ideas?
                        Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
                        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Beaty ... best to send Chris the info he requested; my problem was it was a new connection, whereas yours was working.

However, what helped me rule out issues were my firewall log file and the NT7 log file and NT support IP/port suggestions.

In my case I made changes for IP addresses and ports in the firewall based on what I saw in the log files and still login failure. When these changes didn't do anything it was clear it had to be something else so I looked at other settings and thats when I found the proxy server issue.

Its just methodically working thru the possibilities (need to be really sure you didn't change anything that you forgot or just didn't think would make a difference; I've been down that road too many times).

Hope that helps. Good luck. --MattC.

Comment

FYI for anyone that comes across the problem open TCP ports 2823 and 2824 for CQG and NT.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Brevo