Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PipJaeger

Hey guys,
    Not much of a programmer, using the Strategy Wizard and Condition Builder to build my EA's.
    I have two questions. First, I have an indicator, the Gann Hi-Lo Activator. One of the conditions for a long or short is for the price to cross over or under the indicator, respectively. I know how to get it so that a trade is triggered if the price is simply > or < the indicator value, but not a cross. The ultimate goal is so that it will enter at the beginning of the new Gann line, and not in the middle somewhere.
    A picture better explaining this is attached.
    Secondly, how can I have different stop losses for long and shorts? I'm trying to have the stop loss be "previous bar low - 1 = long position stop loss" and "previous bar high + 1 = short position stop loss". I've figured out how to do this individually, just not how to do one for each.
    Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if these questions are rather basic.
    Attached Files

Hi PipJaeger,

Thanks for the post here. Yes, you can use cross above or below for this indicator. In the screenshot you posted, it looks like you want to know when low crosses below your indicator.

Stop losses and exits in general can be associated with specific entries by using the fromEntrySignal parameter. Give an entry signal to your long and short entries, and then match this signal name in your stop loss.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RyanM,
      Thank you for the speed of your reply! I got the individual SL thing down now, thanks! However, I think you might have missed my point. I essentially want the condition to be that the Gann moves from one condition to another. For example, in my picture, when the Gann moves from it's blue state (above the candles) to it's orange state (below the candles) The actual low of the price at that time doesn't matter.
      The crossover function makes it so that the candle actually has to cut through the gann line, which is rare.
      Once again, thanks in advance!

Oh, and if it helps, I see that the two different "plots" in the indicator data. One is "B" for the orange lines, and the other is "S" for the blue lines.
      Last edited by PipJaeger; 10-14-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

You'll need to be able to express objectively what you're looking for. That's the first part of designing your conditions. It sounds like crossing is one part of it, but if there's two plots then you have to decide which one to check for crossing. If the condition for entry is related to the color change of the indicator, then you have to look at what sets these colors and work these same conditions into your entry.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes