Reinstallation error "Could not open key ....."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstallation error "Could not open key ....."

I was having some issue with NT this am so I decided my best course of action was to uninstall and reinstall it which I have done many times in the past without a problem. However this time has been much more difficult.

First, I had to use the Window installer Clean up utility just to get it to uninstall as I kept getting an error message that said that the feature that I was trying to use was on a network resource that was unavailable and would not uninstall the conventional way.

After I got past that part, I finally got the setup file to run and all appeared to be running smoothly until I got to an error that says "Could not open key UNKNOWN\Components\(a bunch of letters and numbers)\(more letters and numbers)"

I have run setup as administrator (Windows 7 btw) by right clicking on the file and selecting run as administrator. I have tried created a new administrator account. I am hesitant to mess with the registry too much, but I did try to set the permissions to the string indicated by the numbers and letters.

I do not know what has changed or why I suddenly started having issues today.

Hello

Thank you for your post and for contact us via email to let us know you reinstalled windows and the issue is resolved.

If you have this issue again in the future, please email us directly at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com so we can further assist.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes