Planning for a disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning for a disaster

Say I am trading on my PC with my Live NT licence with ZenFire and Mirus and the power supply (say) in my PC fails such that my PC is useless and obviously my internet connection to NT/ZenFire/Mirus is lost. Also assume I was in a trade.

Now I know one option is to call my broker.

But, what if I had already downloaded another instance of NT onto, say, a laptop. Could I enter into the laptop version of NT my Live licence key and be able to connect to NT/ZenFire/Mirus and continue to manage my trade on the laptop, or would NT still think my Live licence key was still active on the other PC with the failed power supply?

I appreciate I may not be able to use 3rd party indicators on the laptop if they require authentication and are limited to a particular machine ID - but then that does not matter as I would only be managing myself out of the trade, not into one.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your post.

In your scenario, if your computer lost power then the NinjaTrader servers would no longer show your license key as being in use. Therefore, you would be able to use your other computer to connect to your broker and manage your position.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What are you using to connect to the internet with your laptop? 3g/4g usb stick?

I have my cable modem/router on my UPS (I can get about 45 minutes? (cyberpower 900watt)) , and my laptop has a 12 cell battery for about 3-4 hours of juice.

Originally posted by steve2222 View Post
      Say I am trading on my PC with my Live NT licence with ZenFire and Mirus and the power supply (say) in my PC fails such that my PC is useless and obviously my internet connection to NT/ZenFire/Mirus is lost. Also assume I was in a trade.

Now I know one option is to call my broker.

But, what if I had already downloaded another instance of NT onto, say, a laptop. Could I enter into the laptop version of NT my Live licence key and be able to connect to NT/ZenFire/Mirus and continue to manage my trade on the laptop, or would NT still think my Live licence key was still active on the other PC with the failed power supply?

I appreciate I may not be able to use 3rd party indicators on the laptop if they require authentication and are limited to a particular machine ID - but then that does not matter as I would only be managing myself out of the trade, not into one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest